Regional Dates 2005

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Smiffy, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi all

Anyone know the dates for the Regional/Area Championships in March 2005? Specifically The Midlands Areas.

We have a potential concert date on Sat 17th March.

Thought last years regional programme would have a mention of "cya on.......2005"....but nothing:-(

Are they set yet?....where are the dates?....when will they be announced if not known now?

cheers and thanks
  2. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Are they not usually announced at the Finals in September along with the choice of test piece, looking forward to find out what they will be :?
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Aaaaah...thanks mate

<Are they not usually announced at the Finals in September along with the choice of test piece, looking forward to find out what they will be >

you could be right....i don't really see why though (the dates...not the test pieces) engagement lists get sorted quite early on for the next year

makes sense if this is true why I can't find any dates for next year (although the North West Area have publicised theirs?).

thanks for the response....back to practice for September first!;-)

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

17th March, 2005 is a Thursday!

The Midland areas are usually held the first two weekends in March, so I would hazard a guess that it will be the same next year which would makethe dates 5th & 6th and 12th & 13th.

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Yorshire is 5/6 march next year,

i should think your area will have announced somewhere
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Any info on the London Areas? Perhaps the 19th & 20th of March? (Just a guess)

I would like to know as well as we are already working on holiday plans.
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

oops....correct Roger....don't know why i got that wrong....19th March is the date we were looking at.

I'm pretty sure the weekends you state are the ones that will be used...It reminded me that a couple of years back in 2003 they changed to be over two weekends so all contests were in the Town Hall rather than one weekend where 2nd and 4th sections were stuck in that terrible Belvedere Country Club venue (we only played there in 2002 the once....which was more than enough!)

8. Active Member

The dates that I have got through this years programmes and correspondence with the organisers as are follows;

5 & 6 March; Yorkshire
    12 & 13 March; Scotland and Western
    13 March; North West
    19 & 20 March; London & SC

Looks like that middle weekend will be massive for us as we are hoping to trade at Hendon Highlights 25th anniversary concert at Royal Festival Hall on 12th March.
  9. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi World of Brass

Thanks for responding :) Midlands Regional dates set yet? :?

I have to assume ATM that the dates I'm making a guess on are correct.
    In which will be busy!!!

...I know (or remember seeing) that the organisers were talking of making sure all the Regionals were in the same month

...seemed the poor Western region were always after everybody else into April and so the qualifiers for the finals were at a distinct disadvantage when trying to book hotels (unless they took a flyer and booked beforehand).

10. Why can't they all be on the same weekend (actually I've just realised why as I'm typing this, is it so the stand holders can be at them all?) Still means that the L and SC are three weeks behind when it comes to hotel bookings. Are the weekends rotated at all?
  11. stopher

stopher Member

ANy dates available for the Welsh Regional yet?
  12. dyl

dyl Active Member

You not taking the girlfriend then Chris? ;)
  13. Active Member

I'm not sure that the 'stand holders' are taken into consideration and I wouldn't necessarily expect to be either. There would be more pressing things to consider like availability of suitable venues and adjudicators.
  14. stopher

stopher Member

Girlfriend + Band weekend = Not a flamin chance of a beer

Never again will she go on a band weekend again. Well, not with me anyway!!! :wink: