Regional cd 2013?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by bandrh, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bandrh

bandrh Member

is there going to be a regional cd of next years test pieces? does anyone know when they will be announced?
  2. Nickcolch

Nickcolch New Member

CD usually available as the pieces are announced....after this weekend.
  3. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

CD is normally available to buy at Lower Section Nationals.
  4. tat

tat Member

You can pre order on 4barsrest now on the home page
  5. Active Member

It can also be pre-ordered from the World of Brass website HERE. It's our intention to despatch pre-orders on Friday for delivery as close as possible to the official announcement in the Lower Section National Finals programme.
  6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

This might seem a Dumb question, but in the event of a brand new comissioned test piece (particularly champ section I guess), who decides which band will actually play the test piece for the recording?

Doesn't this pre-sighting and practicing give the chosen band an advantage?

I can see that for lower section test pieces, getting a higher section band to play them eradicates this, but there is nowhere to go for Cham section (unless you asked a capable Non contesting band to play it).
  7. Active Member

I'm sure someone will be able to tell us when there was a brand new commissioned test piece for the Championship Section of the Regionals, and how the band that recorded it (them) for the Regionals CD(s) subsequently fared at the Regionals contest(s).
  8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

No, of course it doesn't, any more than a band that had played Devil as an own choice in the 2010-11 season would have had an advantage at the 2012 area. What are they going to do, keep practising it for 9 months?

Since it's never happened, it's a moot point, but there's no reason why a continental band (Willebroek et al) couldn't do it, anyway.

Never, afaik.
  9. Active Member

I thought so but wasn't absolutely certain.
  10. Actually, The Plantagenets was commissioned for the 1973 Regionals.
  11. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Mmm, no Regionals CD in 1973 that I can remember ...
  12. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I should have clarified - never "in the era of a Regionals CD being produced". I wouldn't remember the 1973 areas...
  13. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

So If I come to Tiverton Street on Friday, can I pick up a copy there and then :dunno

I could then make up a load of rubbish, after signing the brass band official secrets act ;)
  14. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Think I'll hang fire until the pieces are announced, seeing as they don't bother to do new recordings (unless its a new piece), and i'll probably have original recording.
  15. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Arent WoB mail orders despatched from somewhere in Wellingborough
  16. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

No idea, I usually download :tongue:
  17. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

So one track has been used on an area cd already, another is of a recording nearly 2 decades ago and another is (i'm assuming) the live recording of Harmony Music by YBS...they must see the banding public a mile off.