Regent Hall Brass Arts Festival, Oct 13th & 14th

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by PeterBale, Sep 5, 2005.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thursday 13th October, 7.45pm:

Regent Hall Band, Regent Hall Songsters,
    with soloists Philip Cobb (cornet) &
    Nick Hanover (vocal)

Tickets £6

Friday 14th October:

12.30pm: Free lunchtime concert (participants to be confirmed)

2.30om: Bones Apart
    Tickets £8, £9 & £10

5.00pm: The Composer Speaks
    John Pickard discusses "Eden" and his music in general
    Tickets £6

7.30pm: Gala Evening Concert
    YBS Band, conducted by David King

Tickets £9, £11 & £13

All day Friday ticket £25; All inclusive festival ticket £29

For tickets, phone 0122 3234 090 or 0771 0505 689
    or contact Philip Biggs, 2 the Coppice, Impington. Cambridge CB4 9PP
    SAE & cheque payable to Philip Biggs Brass Festivals Ltd
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  2. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Sorry Peter, worth mentioning that it is Nick Hanover who is guest vocal soloist on the Thursday.

Looks like a cracking Festival - hoping I can get time off to see YBS at the Rink on the Friday. Great place to listen to music and always an expectant, exicted crowd the night before the Nationals.
  3. PeterBale

Thanks John - I was going from the handbill I'd received through the post, and I didn't think matt looked right!

I've also corrected the month in the heading from August to October :oops:

I shan't be there for YBS as we'd already got our tickets for Dyke/Mnozil brass on the Saturday evening, and to do both would be a bit too much, especially with my dad travelling down from Coventry on the Friday..
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I've had a chance to go to this festival several times (it was Fodens and BAYV that were there before) and the festival is fantastic. If you are near to the area it is really worth the trip and not very far from the tube stop. Also, there is a nice pizza buffet nearby to grab lunch or dinner.

The composer talk should be real interesting again this year...especially with the new Eden piece.
  5. PeterBale

Having heard John Pickard introduce some of his music in the past I'm sure the talk will be quite illuminating.