Redbridge Brass - Live at the Brixton Academy

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by MajorMorgan, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Redbridge Brass had a true taste of stardom recently when they took to the stage at the world famous Carling Brixton Academy in London to support electropop band Hot Chip in the final, sold-out date of their UK tour.

Hot Chip, who recently reached number 6 in the UK singles chart, were coming to the end of their tour when they decided they wanted something a little bit special for the final date. An arranger was drafted in, and 13 members of Redbridge entertained the very appreciative and vocal crowd with a medley of Hot Chip’s songs including ‘And I Was A Boy From School’, ‘Over and Over’ and recent hit ‘Ready for the Floor’ immediately before Hot Chip took to the stage.

Band secretary Tim Morgan: ‘To be playing on stage in front of 5000 people and to hear them singing along was quite an experience. The noise was unbelievable. We’ve invited them all along to Stevenage to support us in our bid to retain the Regional title in a couple of weeks so we’ll just wait and see how many turn up.’
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

5000? Kath and TJ will be in for a shock, playing to 20 and a dog( I maybe lying about the dog) when they help me out in a few weeks time then. :)

And good luck for Stevenage.
  3. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member