Redbridge at the Rugby

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by MajorMorgan, Apr 7, 2006.

1. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Redbridge Brass will be hoping for more than 'good try' this Sunday when they provide pre-match entertainment at the Powergen Cup Final between London Wasps and Llanelli Scarlets to be held at Twickenham.

The band, celebrating 40 years of history in 2006 and bouncing back from their disappointing 4th place at this year's regional contest, will be playing during the build up to the afternoon's main event, providing some patriotic pomp to stir the Wasps fans. Meanwhile at the other end of the pitch, a Welsh Male Voice Choir will attempt to do the same for the travelling contingent from Wales.

The band are very much looking forward to playing for an estimated crowd of 60,000 (and a potential TV audience of millions if the Sunday Grandstand coverage of the match begins early enough!). The band also welcomes back principal cornet Ralph Brill, recently returned home from a ten week tour of the United States with the Band of the Welsh Guards. Ralph, who was missing from the band's line up at Butlins in January and Stevenage last month, is a proud follower of Welsh rugby and the rest of the band are looking forward to finding out whether or not it is actually possible to play 'Land of Hope and Glory' and 'Jerusalem' through gritted teeth.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Redbridge
    Ralph Brill
    entertainment
    history
    contingent
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I told Kath and TJ that I'd cover for them, while they're away in Canada! I'd even dress up as Kath or keep saying Eh! Like Canadians do, but they declined my offer. I've never liked them. ;)

4. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Marvellous what time you playing?

5. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

About 2.30pm.

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

more importantly you'll be playing to celebrate the rousing win Bedford Blues will have in the morning against Harlequins in the Powergen Trophy.

Come on the Blues!!!

7. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Look forward to seeing & hearing you from the crowd.

Come on Llanelli !!

8. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Splendid Brass and Rugby on the same afternoon add to that the Wasps inflicting a thrashing on the welsh....should be just perfect