red telephone box

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by six pints, Dec 4, 2005.

1. six pints

six pints Active Member

so, i am the red telephone box officer of my college. problem is, the box has no phone. so i need ideas of what else could be put in the box, what other uses could it have?

(and NO it aint a police box, for all you people who are thinking up dr who jokes)

what would you use a red telephone box for?

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

How come we never had a red telephone box officer when I was in college?! I can't help feeling I missed out somehow :(

You could turn it into a shower cubicle? That could be fun, especially if it is still in situ at the side of the road......

DaveR

3. six pints

six pints Active Member

its in the jcr- right next to bar, shop and pizza place.... could be interesting!

keep suggestions coming, other then having a comp to see how many people can fit in, im out of ideas :(

4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

you could make it into a phone box by putting a phone in it, possibly one of them fancy e-mail tinternet ones for checking tMP??

old on thoutside, fancy and modern onthin??

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hows about a Scarecrow Box!

6. Di

Di Active Member

How about turning it into a greenhouse and growing stuff in it. :tongue:

7. six pints

six pints Active Member

if only i could think of a plant that students might want to grow.... ;)

8. Di

Di Active Member

You mean tomatoes of course. :eek:

9. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

change the glass windows so that you can only see out and change it into a toilet!?!?! :)

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Put in a toilet and sit a shop window dummy on it.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    police box
    red telephone box officer
    people
    college
    aint
  12. andyp

andyp Active Member

Put an intercom in directly linked to the bar, so you can order drinks without having to queue up at busy times!

13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe I'm the tenth poster in this thread but the first to ask the question...Why on earth are you the officer of an empty unused red telephone box?!?!?!? Did I miss something here??? :confused:

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- maybe to give her something purposeful to do in life?? ;)

15. timbloke

timbloke Member

Surely the most obvious solution is to turn it into a practice room. You might not get many trombonist taking you up on the offer, but cornet players would. Include a copy of Arban and a beer holding facility and you're away....

16. 2nd man down

Or a video suggestion box!!

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- on the same lines use it as a pay-as-U-go internet cafe! (or a tMP hotline!)

18. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I must admit I wondered that when I read the post too, but somehow by the time I got around to replying I forgot to ask :oops:

DaveR

19. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

It's proximity to the bar makes it ideal as a DDB! (Drunk Drop Box). At kicking out time anyone who can't stand or remember where they live gets put in the box, to be picked up by friends!. Any unclaimed students can be sent to the local charity shop for slave auction the next day!

jeez I can't believe no-one thought of this :D

20. six pints

six pints Active Member

there are basically three joke positions in the jcr (junior commen room, basically the college goverment)- keeper of the college garlic (for use on couples who insist on being coupley in public), keeper of the college oil can (for use on anything that squeaks) and the red telephone box officer. my job is to maintain the red phone box, and to promote the work of sir gilbert giles scott. but i want to do something amazing to the phone box- keep all your suggestions coming guys!

21. 2nd man down

And he would be...??

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    police box
    red telephone box officer
    people
    college
    aint