Red Hot Chili Peppers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by splitnote, Jun 20, 2004.

1. splitnote

splitnote Member

Has any one been to any of the gigs over the last week or heard the radio 1 broadcast? What do ya think of fleas trumpet solo.....brass can so rock!!!!

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I haven't been listening, but jammy little sister is working there on a Champagne bar or something :(

3. splitnote

splitnote Member

I'm sure you can listen again from the radio 1 website. Think i heard the bloke say that anyway!

4. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

2 of my good friends Bruce and Louise-alias bruceg and loiuse(original or what) went to the Murreyfield gig and said it was the dogs bollocks.

5. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

ahhhhhhh Forgot to listen too it :cry: :cry:

6. groovy

groovy Active Member

Was at band so didn't hear much, but what I did hear kicked arse! The trumpet solo was cool, he played a bit of Misty which i love!

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I missed out on all these concerts because I couldn't find anyone to go with me who would pay ridiculous tout prices... :roll:

I've heard him playing his trumpet at a couple of gigs before though, and he is indeed a leg-end!

8. Dave1

Dave1 Member

My lad went to the Murrayfield gig the other week and still can't stop talking about it. Apparently it was superb - all of it. I like some of their music but I must confess not all of it but I put that down to old age and being a parent. :?

9. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

That should be an added bonus then - I'm going to see them at Cardiff on Wednesday.

10. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Dave, you're only 2 years older than me and I was at the gig :D

Flea on trumpet is amazing (his dad was a jazz trumpeter and it's his first instrument). He did the same during an encore at Glasgow Green last year and I thought I was seeing things at first.

Just caught the end of Ash at Murrayfield but they sounded *beep* good. N.E.R.D. got the crowd going pretty well then the Chilis came on and blew the crowd away. Second only to the Muse gig at the SECC at the end of last year.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    any
    trumpet solo
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    gigs
    broadcast
  12. splitnote

splitnote Member

:oops:

Oh dear I was at gig on the green last year too and remember nothing about flea's trumpet solo........ Thats not a good sign.

Come to think of it I dont remember much of the chili's that day at all. It all goes rather blury after the Foo's

:oops:

13. Nat

Nat Member

brass rocks in rock/ska/punk bands all the time-the chillis are mint anyway so that would have made it better i play trumpet/cornet in a ska band its totally mint(the band not just me)

14. twigglet

twigglet Member

I was working at the Hyde Park concert on sunday, it was absolutely fantastic, they sounded great live, I got to go in and listen for a bit for free and right at the front too which was awesome. Missed the trumpet playing though, which was a shame...

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

...anger building...jealous rage decending....fists clenching...grrrrrrrrr...

16. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Aye there Great.....get hold of what hits and listen to " If you want me to stay" million times better than the Sly and the Family Stone version ( which is brilliant ).......

17. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

I picked out Misty from his playing, didn't recognise anything else, anyone else?

He came accross as not a half bad trumpet blower!!