Red Arrows Banned from 2012 Olympics for being "too British"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Sep 28, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Please someone, tell me this is incorrect... I haven't managed to validate this, but was outraged myself when I read this on another www site;

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Red Arrows
    British
    2012 London Olympics
    someone
    something
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I will therefore be insulted everytime I hear another countries National Anthem at medal ceremonies!

Also I feel aggrieved everytime I see the Stars & Stripes as its just too American for my taste!

However rumours that in 2012 British Summertime will be changed to Multi National Summertime are currently untrue.

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

They'll ban London, as the venue, for being too English next.

6. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I have it on good authority,that this is true.There is an online petition at the moment,to stop this utter politically correct society we live.The Red Arrows are known worldwide.So what therefore is the problem?TOO BRITISH???I would like to know who is trying to put the mockers on it.
    CubbRep...True Englishman...But proud to be BRITISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Cubbrep, you obviously didn't read the link in JanH's post then. ;)

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I don't think the Red Arrows will be "banned" as such, (What might they do? A wildcat flypast? Will there be a picketline of stealth bombers holding them back. What?) they just won't be invited to perform.
    The whole Olympic thing is going to be a fiasco. When it comes to world-class events Britain's mediocrity knows no bounds.
    Oh, and if it's going to be a British event, I do not want to see any Welsh or Scottish flags in evidence unless equal precedence is given to the English flag...
    BMB
    xx

9. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I agree that I didn't read JanH's link.I was at work at the time and looked during my break.Having read the link now,I am more inclined to agree with the comments of the team spokesperson.Lets see what happens in the near future about whether they will fly past or not.There is still a long way to go before 2012.Lets hope the Red Arrows are still in existence.
    Thanks for your comment..CubbRep.
    Midlands Area 4th section Winners 2007.Hopefully National Champions,come Sunday.:tup

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  10. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Absolutely shocking, why should one colour of arrow be barred from the Archery tournament in the 2012 Olympics for being to British. If a certain other party get in will they rescind this edict and ban Blue Arrows instead.

I will write to my MP, and get this sorted out once and for all.

I'll get my wet weather apparel and evacuate the premises.