Recovering old Notator arrangements

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by backrowbloke, Jan 6, 2006.

1. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

We have recently re-discovered some floppy disks with original compositions and arrangements on them. Thye were produced on Notator, running on the old Atari 1040ST. The disks, although 3.5" flopies, Atari formatted

Does anyone have the capability to open & print these or know of anyone who can help out?

BRB

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Notator
    arrangements
    compositions
    Atari
    disks
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

You can do it with Emagic's Logic, using the import feature (or at least you could). Unfortunately I'm a PC / Steinberg / Samplitude user, and I'm not sure whether the format is supported - I'll check later.

You could always look for a local studio that's Logic based and ask them what they'd charge if the files are important.

4. Brian

Brian Member

Notator used to be used by many schools, so you could always try to see if any of your local schools still have. Just a thought.

5. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

Emagic's Notator was the precursor to Emagic's Logic, so I guess trying to find someone with a version of Logic is about your best chance. Whether they still have the import function in the latest (Mac only) versions of Logic I don't know though.