recordings

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Imperial, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Imperial

Imperial Member

Could anyone give me recommendations of good recordings of the following pieces:

"Partita" by Gregson

"Overture promenade" by frank bryce

Would they be able to listen to on the net?

thank you!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Overture promenade
    Partita
    Gregson
    following pieces
    promenade
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Ah two pieces I absolutely love. I thought I was going to be able to help you out, remembering a CD I'd bought many years ago called Brass Band Spectacular, which had a piece called Promenade on it. Unfortunately, its the not the Promenade you're looking for.

But what caught my attention as I was searching for this on the net was the lastest cover designs for this CD:

bbs.JPG bbs2.jpg
    :-?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I've found the Partita here, on the 2004 Regional CD.

Haven't been able to track down the Promenade yet, sorry.

4. Di

Di Active Member

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

The only recording of Frank's Promenade I'm aware of is on an old Besses LP - Pride of the North, Polydor (1972), 2928 011.

As this implies, the recording is, er, rather dated ;)

There's a copy of it here (as in a copy of the LP available to buy). Of course, there may be many more modern recordings - I just don't know of them.

6. KMJ Recordings

Beaten to it - I searched out the LP rather than the net ;)

7. Di

Di Active Member

Tee hee hee. :)

tMP's Highams may be able to help you out here. :)

8. KMJ Recordings

Nope - got all of the Besses on's he lists - and I can fill in the track lists on the privately produced Heritage of the March LPs on IBEW as well ;)

Edit: OK, so I'm obviously a bit slow tonight and thought that wasn aimed at me :hammer

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  9. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Promenade is on an old LP by The Solna Brass, called Concerto. Other tracks include the Denis Wright Cornet Concerto (soloist Bram Gay), Four of Ludwig Maurer's 'little pieces' and Music for the Royal Nuptials by someone called Roman. There is a copy for sale on Keith Quinn's website (someone above has given you the link).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  10. Imperial

Imperial Member

ok thanks!

I should prbably be able to track down that record as Solna brass as well as I am swedish. Johan Helmich Roman (1694-1758) (still another swede)iscalled the father of swedish music.