Recording the band to CD

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Steve, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Our band are looking to possibly cut a CD in the next few months. Has anbody dealt with a recording company either in the Northamptonshire area or that come to a location of your choice that offer both a first class level of service and recording, as well as a bargain price?
  2. Active Member

Don't know about price but I would recommend B&H Sound Services in Peterborough as they do a lot of work with us although I know that they are very busy.
    Call Nicki Seager on 01733 223535 and she will be able to help you.
  3. Trog's

Trog's Member

AbsoluteRecordings is recording company based in the North west but will travel down to you, The bass player at Freck band run's it. They are very good, and resonable!.
  4. snapey

snapey New Member

We did a recording with absolute recordings last weekend and they were great to work with. Very flexible and will do the recording wherever you want them to.
  5. snapey

snapey New Member

6. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

B & H Sound do the ISB recordings and from prvious experience they halp you from booking a recording venue to actually finding someone like World Of Brass to sell your disc. Give em a go ! !
  7. doc

doc New Member

8. onedrummeruk

onedrummeruk Member

B&H Definately, they are really switched on, have done a couple of recordings with them, and when they get down to hanging curtains over screens to alter the sound, they are real perfectionists, also being a drummer, they are the only company to PROPERLY mike the perc up, not just the standard 3 mics so it sounds like they are in the bogs next door.

Yop outfit
  9. Steve

Steve Active Member

A couple of people PM'ed me with details about recording groups. Could they please do it again as my inbox has been cleared following a problem with my login details etc etc Many thanks
  10. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

il agree with B&H, pro guys