Recording of Music for the Common Man

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ABERDEEN LOON, Apr 29, 2008.

I am trying to find a copy of Music for the common man. It was used as the 1st section test piece for the regionals in 2000. Unfortunately I lost the cd ages ago and was looking for another copy. I have looked for it on the web, but it seems to be out of stock. Does anyone out there either know where I can get a hold of it or are you willing to part with your own copy?

2. Veri

Veri Member

I've been trying to get this too for ages. I wonder if World of Brass might put all the previous Regionals cds on World of Brass tunes???
  3. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I've got a recording of my band playing it at the 2000 regionals lol!
  4. Active Member

We did try but found that there was an error on track 7 which just happens to be Music for the Common Man!

Once we locate a 'good' copy, we'll add it to the site.

That would be fantastic!

Thanks. I will keep my eyes on the site. I also only have a copy of my own band at the time playing it. We did win on the day, but I would rather have a copy without the mistakes!:redface:
  6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

slightly aside from the music for the common man but a question aimed for WoB.

Is the nationals 07 cd going on the site as i would like to download one or two of the recordings!? Particuly Grimey's performance?

7. Active Member

Yes it will be going on soon, hopefully this weekend.