Recording of Eden?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Band Lads Army, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Is there anywhere I can hear Eden on a cd or anything?

2. jonford

jonford Member

I doubt it! As far as I am aware it is a new piece, the first recording will probably be on a cd containing highlights from the Nationals.

3. Oh right cheers.

Of players from bands who are playing it on here ,can anyone tell me about the piece , is it like any pieces out there?

Never been to a contest ,enjoying my brass music loads at the minute and thought I might go for the experience. However If I don't like the piece I might find it a long day.

4. thelawyer

thelawyer New Member

I don't think you will have to worry about enjoying the piece as a member of the audience.

Very nice, tuneful beginning introducing Adam and Eve. As the serpent gets involved towards the middle, it gets a lot quicker with difficult technical stuff and a monster trombone solo before a huge ending.

It is a very difficult piece but if bands can nail it, i think the audience will really like it.

The bands will be looking forward to a beer afterwards!

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: if you're worried about not liking it, then why not try find a band near to you who are playing at London and pop along to a rehearsal and catch a listen ;-)

As Jon says, new composition, so no recordings out... until after the contest anyway ;)

6. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Member

Buy As You View Band are holding an open rehearsal this Thursday (13th ) in Llantrisant. All are welcome!

Chris.

7. Richard Dyson

Richard Dyson Member

Despite my early reservations, I actually quite like the piece, first time in many years that this has happened. Its mentally taxing at first but my tip is just to forget bar lines and play the note lengths - it becomes easier then.

I think this piece may become a ground breaking piece in introducing some non-standard time signatures to the repertoire, perhaps similar to Fireworks in some respects.

I would encourage people to go in and listen next Saturday, don't take a score, just listen and you'll hear some great sounds.

8. Deano

Deano Member

Having recently listened to it, I am looking forward to Saturday.

As has been previously said I picked out some lovely tunes, it also reminded me in places of the Pines of Rome.

Wouldn't want to be the Solo Trombone though, sounded very difficult.

9. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

i think its a cracking piece of music. Not done any John Pickard before. But if the rest of his stuff is similar i may just become a fan. Think i might have to purchase the BAYV CD of his symphony.

There are lots of bits of pieces to pick out. I have heard lots of Bourgoius in there Apocolypse, Downfall Of Lucifer, Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and especially Blitz. Plus bits of Family Portraits from Lowry and as someone else mentioned Pines of Rome.

Im glad i play bass trom and not tenor that solo is immence.!!!!!!!!

But dont let my comments about hearing different pieces in it put you off it isnt a direct copy or anything just flavours of.

i look forwad to hearing some good performances on Saturday. ( fingers crossed ours too)