Recording of AERONAUTS sought urgently

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kiwiinoz, Feb 23, 2012.

1. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Good morning. Does anyone have a recording of AERONAUTS they are able to send me via internet. We are playing it a contest and need our bandmaster to hear what it is meant to sound like to assist us. There are no recordings we can find other than 45 secs of the beginning online so would appreciate some assistance. Hopefully this will not abuse copyright but would appreciate some help if possible. Thanks
  2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

This has been requested before. I don't know if this thread will be of any assistance to you.
  3. jamieow

jamieow Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The two recordings I did at Cardiff were only for the use of the bands concerned (as agreed at that time). I had Cowdenbeath (Tom Wyss) as winners then ;)
  6. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Surely the score contains everything your bandmaster needs to know?
  7. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

James YELLAND, yes the score should contain all he needs to know, but ............. enough said
  8. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Ah, I see!

I can't recommend any downloadable versions, but it is on an old CD of Goff Richards music which 4BarsRest still seems to have in stock:

I don't know whether it would get to Oz in time for your contest though.
  9. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Thanks mate. i will give it a go and see if they still have it in stock

10. RossAB

RossAB Member

There's a decent live recording of Greater Gwent Youth Brass Band playing it from a few years ago. No idea if the CD is even available anymore, but it's something else to keep your eye out for!