Record attempt/Fund raiser

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by animal.22, Sep 9, 2014.

1. animal.22

animal.22 Member

Good day to all blarters and tub thumpers(especially tub thumpers)
    I am lucky enough to be involved in a Guinness world recordattempt and fund raising event on the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] of November 2014
    The serious fund raising part is to raise as much money aspossible for The Brain Tumor Charity and The Kate Fenney Fund. Brain tumors arethe biggest cancer killer of the under forties and it takes a minimum of £250for just one days research.

The record attempt, the fun bit for me, is to have 1001drummers ALL playing the SAME rythm at the SAME time AND in time with eachother!!! If you’ve ever played a musical instrument you’ll know that’s no meanfeat.

If this sparks your interest, like it did mine, then pleasecut and paste the link below to the drumbeat web page for more details at.
    If, after seeingwhat’s going on, you wish to support me and donate to a very good cause thenplease cut and paste the link below to my donation page.

mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/cliveplatts1
    or cut and paste thelink below to the “my donate” web site and search for “cliveplatts1”
    For anyone wishing todonate but are not comfortable donating online I will have official papersponsorship forms available.
    Anything you cangive would be most gratefully received.

Thanks for reading this, and if you donate even more thanksfor your support and let’s hope none of our nearest and dearest need the helpthis research could give.
    I do realise that not many people on here will know me but any donations would be most welcome.

Thanks again and allthe best.
    Clive

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Times New Roman
    FONT=Calibri
    COLOR
    Fund raiser
    FONT
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I have a suggestion. If you need drummers, ask the drum corps. DCUK and DCE (Drum Corps UK and Drum Corp Europe). Drummers love drum corps. I would contact those organizations. Some of the best cadence type drummers are almost always in a drum corps!

Jim
    www.allbrassradio.com

4. animal.22

animal.22 Member

Hi Jim, hopefully the event has been advertised far and wide and all types/styles of drummers have had their interest piqued and there will be more than enough to break the record. The current record stands at 798 so fingers crossed :clap:

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Is this just for drummers or are percusionists invited too ;)

6. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Bang on that :tup

7. animal.22

animal.22 Member

So long as you can supply your own kit,play what is needed AND in time with every body else then I assume anyone can be involved!! Get on the web site,get your name down and get involved. Do summat good mate :clap:

8. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

1001 drummers playing in time?????

We have trouble with 1 playing in time at band.....

9. animal.22

animal.22 Member

He'll be perfectly in time.................just in 7/8 :cool: