Recommendations for a cornet repair/restoration?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Matt_NTB, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Matt_NTB

Matt_NTB New Member

Hi - I've decided it's time to get my cornet repaired, thoroughly cleaned and re-lacquered.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. dizzystinker

dizzystinker Member

Give Leigh at Eclipse a call......

3. Smid

Smid Member

Cornet

We are using McQueens - http://www.mcqueens.com/index.htm to repair and restore our Schilke sop and one of our cornet players has just had the full monty done on a cornet and is very impressed with their work.

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Well-Known Member

Whereabouts are you based?

5. Matt_NTB

Matt_NTB New Member

Thanks guys - I did have a look at the Mcqueen's website and it looks like a very decent set up. Nice to have some feedback on the sop, Smid.

Will certainly give Eclipse a look, thanks Dizzy.

Trumpet Mike - I'm based near Cambridge.

6. scot12

scot12 Member

7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Well-Known Member

If you are in Cambridge - I would also put my vote towards Eclipse - always stunning work from Leigh

8. speedy

speedy New Member

9. John Turner

John Turner New Member

Hi

I am aware this is an old thread but I'm new to this forum and I can't seem to start a new conversation.

I recently moved to near Huddersfield and my poor old cornet has been damaged. Mother in law sat on it, no jokes please, I've heard them all.

I need to get the bell reshaped, can anyone recommend someone near here as we are fairly new to the area?

Many Thanks in anticipation.

10. Sheryl Doe

Sheryl Doe New Member

Hi John

If you live near Huddersfield as I do, try Hansons Musical instruments Hanson Musical Instruments He's based in Marsden and really reasonable. He sorted my cornet out following a Whit Friday disaster.

He's a really nice chap too.

Hope that helps

11. John Turner

John Turner New Member

Well hello Sheryl, I got my marching glasses from you. They are brilliant. Just the job for Whit Friday.

I don't know why I didn't come in and ask you where to get my repair. I should have guessed you would know.

Where in Marsden are Hansons, I looked at the link but don't know the area that well.

Thanks So much

John

12. Sheryl Doe

Sheryl Doe New Member

Hello John, what a small world. Yes if you had popped in I would have suggested Alistair at Hansons, Here read the blog Allegro Optical Opticians help a musical instrument maker to see

Go into Marsden, go down Peel Street, past the Mechanics and Mozzarella's on your right. Go to the end and turn right at Peel One, Hansons is just along on your left.

Sheryl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice