Recommend a workshop leader?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andyh, Mar 10, 2009.

1. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Calling on the power of tMP :) ....

As part of a project we are running to develop our Training Section, Woodbridge Excelsior would like to organise a weekend workshop sometime between now and Christmas 2010, specifically for our Training Section, and we'd like to round off the weekend with an evening concert at which our workshop leader will be a star guest soloist with the main band (this will also be a free concert, for the local community).

This is where tMP comes in; we would appreciate hearing from anyone interested in leading the workshop (and there will be a fee available) or from anyone who could give us useful contacts.

I'm happy to receive responses in this thread, or via PM, and will take them to our committee for consideration.

Thanks in advance...
    Andy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Woodbridge Excelsior
    workshop leader
    weekend workshop
    thread
  3. Blossom

Blossom Member

Would highly recommend Steven Mead. Did workshop for YHBBA with over 100 students. Did excellent job. Good communicator. Students had great time and he would obviously be a star guest for your concert. He has his own website for contact details. :tup

4. andreab

andreab Member

Brett Baker is excellent (with or without White River Brass). He's great with kids as well as adults, and at any level of ability.
    http://www.brettbaker.co.uk/main.php?s_id=Teacher&id=39
    Good luck with it, sounds like a great scheme for your training band...and for the future of your main band.

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

6. Tubby

Tubby Member

7. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Philip Harper is absolutely fantastic with workshops and would be great with the kids! He is also a very talented horn player too... http://www.philipharper.co.uk/

8. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

You beat me to it! Les is awesome-a really interesting masterclass, and a brilliant player.

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I can recommend Les too, he's done some excellent work with Dalmellington band up here in Scotland. Maybe a bit further afield but Alan Fernie is an excellent band trainer and has a long history of working with training bands at all levels. He's on here and is a very approachable guy.

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

There are many people who would do a great job, but if I were to suggest a name, it would have to be two; either Steve Sykes or Alan Morrison. Both are talented world class musicians, are eminently knowledgeable, entertaining, and both have super people skills.