Recent Downtime...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Sep 3, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Well here we are again at last :D ... after a lot of time, sweat and effort we got there in the end.

Having not had much sleep during these last few days, I'm sure you'll forgive me for not posting much of an update here right now, I will leave the detail until tomorrow sometime when I will give you all a more complete and full update. Please be aware though that for the next few hours (maybe the next few days) that tMP may be a little slow as all the servers come back online with my webhost as everyone revisits their www sites and makes backups etc. This will obviously improve over the next few days.

Just to say a huge thank you to everyone for your amazing messages of support, for all your PM's, your emails and messages on the tempoprary forums (which you will be pleased to know I will be bringing across to here somehow) - they were all very much appreciated.

Right - I am off to get some sleep...happy posting and look out for a more detailed update tomorrow.

John

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    effort
    lot of time
    detailed update tomorrow
    webhost
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Woo Hoo!! :bounce :bounce

4. Moy

Moy Active Member

Well done....complete faith I had in getting this all back.
    Hope you enjoyed a well earned good nights sleep last night/this morning.

5. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

Yay!! :D

Nice one John! Thanks for all your hard work getting tMP back for us - hope you enjoyed your well-earned sleep.

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:D yaaaay and PHEW!

Never thought I'd see this again! :lol:
    Well done J! Have a good nights sleep now :)

7. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Love the new format.
    The layout is a functional improvement for sure.
    And this is my first post for......a whole 2 weeks.

8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Yay! So happy I logged on this morning!

Woohooo! Well done John, and thanks again for all your hard work.:clap: :bounce :woo

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There was also a minor problem earlier this morning, and one or two posts - well, some of mine anyway :shock: - seem to have disappeared. If you posted around 8am you may want to check this out ;)

10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well done John... now I need about 2 hours to do the Happy tMP Day!

11. rutty

rutty Active Member

Hmmmmm, something looks different. I can't quite put my finger on it though ...

:)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    effort
    lot of time
    detailed update tomorrow
    webhost
  13. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

As Dyl's just said to me, I suppose ye've all missed tMP a lot, judging by today's reaction...

That's a new record, I think ;)

Well done tMM

Attached Files:

14. Moy

Moy Active Member

Is it just me or is it slightly slower loading pages?
    Mind you it could be 'cause there are loads of us on catching up on all the gos.:wow

15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Moy

This is because, though we are on a dual processor server, this is not a dedicated server, and means that the other web sites who also suffered recent downtime AND who use the same webhost as tMP are desperately trying to do their backups etc.. thus slowing the server down a little.

As our wen host users gain faith in their new server, and see that all is well, performance will gradually improve and return to its normal level.

Also, if the growth trend for tMP continues as it has during these last few months, I will certainly be looking to investfurther and move to a dedicated machine. I do need a few more sponsors though before I can do that (hint hint folks...;) ) as the associated costs for dedicated hosting are a fair bit more expensive than I pay now.

I am really hoping that the new services tMP will soon be offering will attract some serious attention - especially the "fancy a tMP email" service where you can have tMPUserName@themouthpiece.com or name.surname@themouthpeice.com for a resonable annual price...;)

So, come on folks... fancy helping us out...?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  16. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

It great to see tMP back on line. I was concerned like you John that we would end up losing a lot and think it is wonderful that it has been able to pick up where it left us the other night!

Long live tMP!!!