Rebecca Crawshaw signs for new Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by shawneuph, Oct 20, 2006.

1. shawneuph

shawneuph Supporting Member

The GUS Band are pleased to anounce the signing of Rebecca Crawshaw as their new soprano cornet player. The appointment is with immediate effect with Rebeccas first engagement only 2 weeks away at the bands next concert on the 4th of November in Huntingdon, and her first contest being the January Butlins contest.
    Following several months of speculation since Rebecca anounced she was leaving Faireys we are pleased she has accepted the offer of the Soprano chair here at The GUS Band. Since the departure of Gary Fountain nearly 12 months ago due to his appointment to the ISB the band has found it difficult to find a player of such caliber to fill the seat. I am confident that Rebecca is that player and the band is looking forward to working with her.
    I personally would like to thank Chris Millington for the outstanding job he has done over the last 10 months on soprano. Chris stays with the band returning to the rep seat, the seat he occupied before taking the vacant soprano seat.

Shawn Pagington

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rebecca Crawshaw
    Gary Fountain
    GUS Band
    Chris Millington
    Rebeccas
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Excellent appointment. Rebecca is an outstanding player.

4. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

Great news for the band Shawn, congratulations to you and to Rebecca.

Rebecca helped Ipswich out last week in Bury St. Edmunds and is a fantastic player. I'm sure that she will be a great asset to GUS and help you regain your place in the highest eschelons of banding where you belong.

All the best, hope to see you all soon.