re: who's the better sex?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Sueee, Apr 4, 2003.

?

girls or boys?? take your pick hehe

1. girls

86.1%
  2. boys

13.9%
  1. Sueee

Sueee Member

get votin ppl! I vote women! Infact, we should have an all star girlie brass thing :twisted:

Btw... I hope this poll thing works cos aint exactly sure how to work this yet!!! lol don't laugh if all goes wrong plz lol :oops:

Sueeeeeeeeee x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    sex
    ppl
    thing
    all
    cos
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Who made you eh!

We're better than you because we can drink more! :p :guiness

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

yeah girls are still in the minority in bands (not that that is a bad thing LOL). Although in Dronfield band they are hardly any blokes are they Colin?

5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I'm assuming you mean from a playing perspective Sue? The is an allstar girlie brass thing isn't there? Aren't they called all star girls of brass or something? Maybe I imagined that one. :?

Anyway.... Easter hols have started. Hoorah! No uni for 3 weeks! :guiness

6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Just veiwed the results and cant have girls in the lead. cast my vote to make it 50 50

7. Sueee

Sueee Member

my mummy n daddy :wink:

lol that's what u think...! I'm up for a drinkin contest with u anytime :evil: hehe

:hammer

8. Sueee

Sueee Member

playin prospective yes lol... er... I thought there was one?? but it hasn't been goin for a while tho?? not really sure 2 b honest... my easter hols start next wk!! gutted :x hehe

9. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

oh dear, i've already been off for 2 weeks!

10. Sueee

Sueee Member

ooooooooo where loosin :? come on girlies hehe :)

11. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Think I'm on the wrong forum. The poll asks 'girls or boys - which would you pick'.

Girls every time for me I'm afraid.

They don't call me Straight mute for nothing.

D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    sex
    ppl
    thing
    all
    cos
  13. Heather

Heather Member

No contest!!!!!!
    Its got to be us girls!!

14. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Are we going to get an option for Pipe slippers and a good book?

15. picju96

picju96 Member

I agree, its a bit ambiguous, are we asked to vote for our sex, or our preference?!
    There's 8 girls in our band.

16. dave jake

dave jake Member

Girls anytime. According to Straightmute Im not as camp as my photo :?

17. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

us girls are reliable , committed (or should be! :wink: ) and of course better players (and MDS.......... well maybe................ sometimes). In my band there is an even number of girls to boys!............maybe thats why we all get on so well!! :)

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We're still a little way behind some of the continental bands. When Eikanger played in the Europeans in Birmingham (coming 1st in the own choice and 2nd overall, if I remember) they had more female than male players. That included an all-female trombone section, and very impressive they were - maybe one in the eye for any male-chauvinist bass-trom players who may be lurking in the forum!

19. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Good answer!

I hope that I didn't spoil your performance the other week with my offhand remark...obviously I'd been distracted by Hornblower's eyes.

D

20. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Mr Bale I hope your not counting me in your sweeping statement.

I have a recording of Eikanger playing Variations on an Enigma by Sparke. I have to hold my hand up and say that those 4 young ladies who play the 7 Positioned Beast for Eikanger are a fantastic section. Powerful and precise. Bravo ladies.

Also I hear that there is a Female bass trom player here on the forum who has played for YBS. I bet she could out blow all the so called chauvanist bass tromplayers on here.

The Bass Trom is a weapon to be feared and reveared in all bandrooms whether in male or Female hands.

So Nerrrrrrr Ner na Ner Ner :wink:

21. Sueee

Sueee Member

just the better sex! whether it be male or female from a playin perspective.. or any perspective which takes yer fancy - s'up to u :wink:

(I hadn't really thought of what way to b honest lol) :oops:

22. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As an erstwhile proponent of the thumb-valved slush-pump myself, I did not really think there would be anyone in our illustrious company who would match that description - must have been thinking of one of my other forums!

Back to Eikanger, at the Europeans they played the Bourgeois Concerto Grosso, and the trombones are not exactly idle there, either. I have to say it must be one of the most memorable live performances, in or out of a contest, that I have ever had the privilege of hearing, and many in the hall thought they might have pipped YBS for the overall title that year.