Re-silver plating

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, Mar 25, 2007.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi all, My seven year old Schilkie has all the silver plating coming off:eek: :eek: , all where my hands hold the cornet it is down to the Brass in places (think must be the fluxes in my hands from work --Plumber-- no matter how oft i wash) I was wondering if anybody out there, could recommend someone within driving distance of Banbury who would re-silver the cornet, Cos recommendations from tMP are priceless!! hope to hear from you :tup :tup

2. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

3. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Thanks for info, have telephoned them but they not doing repairs anymore, due to the production of the Eclipse range, thanks again , will keep trying

4. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

5. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

6. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

I had a trumpet silver plated by Sharon McCallum based in Cranbrook, Kent - and she did an excellent job.

7. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My geography is awful.... not exactly sure where Banbury is.... but mother had her horn replated by a chap in Manchester.... Ricky Mcqueen, post it off in a big box and you'll have it back within 10 days.... absolutely fantastic (2nd to none) service and gorgeous shiny silver horn as a bonus! Also same fantastic service when my darling Cornet needed a few repairs!

www.mcqueens.com