RBS Six Nations 2007

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tinytimp, Feb 2, 2007.

?

Who do you think will win this year's 6 Nations?

1. England

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. France

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  3. Ireland

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Scotland

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. Wales

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Not sure how successful this thread will be, rugby ones never usually are...

What are your predictions? Anybody going to watch? Any comments on team selections?

My guess at the final standings:

Ireland
    France
    Wales
    Scotland
    England
    Italy

It's going to be a tough one for Wales v Ireland this Sunday, not helped by the team selected yesterday I'm afraid! We're severely lacking in the backs department, with Mark Jones and Shane Williams out injured and Gareth Thomas banned for a month. So Gareth Jenkins in his wisdom has put in Hal Luscombe and Jamie 'revolving door' Robinson! I predict a very ugly game, 25-18 to Ireland.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    France
    RBS Six Nations
    England
    Wales
    Ireland
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have tickets to see England v Italy on the 2nd weekend so looking forward to that.

I think England will improve on last years 4th place (just) so here goes:

France
    Ireland
    England
    Wales
    Scotland
    Italy.

I just hope that Brian Ashton can create a team to get a few results so that we can head towards the World Cup with some confidence.

It will also be interesting to see if Andy Farrell can be as succesful at converting from League to Union as Jason Robinson was.

4. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I would predict

Ireland
    France
    England
    Wales
    Scotland
    Italy

France are still a good side but look to be using the six nations as their world cup prep.

Farrell should do OK as long as he is played in the right position, (anyone know what that is yet?), it's J Wilkinson who is under the spotlight, as well as Ashton. This could be an almighty mess up on the England managements part if Wilko limps off after 20 minutes.

5. timbloke

timbloke Member

I went with my heart, not my head and said that England will win, but I think it'll be between Ireland who are on form, and France who, despite not being in great form and having back-room trouble, seem to always raise their game for the tournament. We could surprise eveyone and need a few decent wins to boost morale in time for the world cup.

I will probably be in the Walkabout on West St., Sheffield, watching most of the England games and maybe a few others, so if anyone is in Sheffield then come and join me!! (Upstairs usually near the bar to the right or further forward to the left as you look at the screen). :guiness

6. Bungle

Bungle Member

After watching Ireland beat Australia, they would be my favorites to win after that it could be anyone.

7. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

I feel like such a traitor :( i voted for Ireland, but of course any true englishman (or women....) lol would want England to do!! Lets hope Jonny proves a point and doesnt get injured straight away again!!!

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Out of blind uneducated faith I stuck with the Jocks. We seem to play so much better when there's nothing expected of us. (And especially against the English when the English press haven't given us a prayer.)

Scotland
    France
    Ireland
    Wales
    England
    Italy.

9. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I'm hoping it will be england

10. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I do believe a certain Mr Wilkinson just went out on the pitch and proudly stuck his fingers up at everyone that said he shouldn't have been picked for the England squad with that performance!!

Until today I didn't fancy England's chances, but did disagee with the people who put them 2nd from bottom ^^ After todays performance I do think England have a chance of winning, not just because Jonny's back, they were playing so much better today as a team!

11. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

...and a certain Mr Farrell also proved a few ditractors wrong (including me).

It was good to see England back in some sort of form and actually playing rugby today. Its amazing what happens when you play World-Class players in their natural positions and concentrate on doing the basics right - something which was plainly not happening during the Autumn Internationals.

They are far from the finished article, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I doubt thy'll win the Six Nations (although my heart is screaming that they will) but maybe they will actually make a decent defece of the World Cup later this year.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    France
    RBS Six Nations
    England
    Wales
    Ireland
  13. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Yay for Jonny! Have jsut got in from celebrating our wonder form .... among celebrating other things........ IM SO PROUT TO BE ENGLISH RIGHT NOW!!!
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

15. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

I just hope its NOT England who win this year. If we do win we'll go back to thinking we're the best in the world and we're not. Easy wins against Scotland & Italy, a closer win over Wales and defeats to France & Ireland keeps us working towards peaking for the World Cup.

My Prediction:
    Ireland
    France
    England
    Wales Italy
    Scotland

16. andyp

andyp Active Member

Ireland for me, England stil rebuilding and France close but Ireland will get it.
    Wales best of rest but may cause an upset, and still the best to watch for sheer passion at home, no atmosphere can touch it.

17. Jasper

Jasper Member

....Excellent ...says it all !!

With the benefit of having seen most of the opening weekends matches... I would go ;

1. France - Decent win in Italy - didn't need to get out of 2nd gear (admittedly against poor opposition)...their big game is Ireland away and I think their forward pack will stuff the Irish scrum
    2. Ireland - Don't think they will beat France - although they will beat everyone else
    3. England - Unfortunately my head overules my heart...even with Sir Johnny!
    4. Wales - Too many injuries/suspensions to their matchwinners...who will arrive too late in the 6nations to pull it back
    5. Italy - Will not play again as badly as they did against France....need to start with the Front Row that ended the game
    6. Scotland - Sorry lads .....can't see much going right for the Sweaties this time around and I reckon that Italy will target Scotland at Murrayfield as their obligatory one good result from the 6nations.

;)

18. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

France
    Ireland
    England
    Wales
    Scotland
    Italy

While impressive, Englands score against Scotland flattered us. Wilkinson's try blatantly wa in touch and Robinson's second was very lucky. Much better than the autumn though. Cant see us beating France or Ireland.

19. 2nd man down

I'm sorry, what was that?

Good win against the Welsh today, Jock/Taff games are usually good quality, good to watch games, todays was another.

20. Jasper

Jasper Member

...yep fair enuff...Wales for the Grand Order of the Wooden Spoon now....still reckon Italy will beat the Sweaties at Murrayfield though and I would agree Jock/Taff games usually pretty good to watch.....but....were you watching the same as I was...more errors and turnover ball by both sides in this game than a 4th form school XV game!!!!!!....at least at the Twickers dirge there were a couple of tries.

21. 2nd man down

Hmm, yeah I agree there were too many turnovers, but at least it made the game entertaining to watch, if a little frustrating for those with a vested interest in the result. Give me that kind of game over a boring ground out result any day.
    I dare say I'd probably be a little more critical if we'd lost tho. :tongue:

22. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Its funny now that two matches have been played people are voting for england to win!! lol