Raunds New Signings

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by honey bun, Dec 10, 2009.

1. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Raunds Temperance would like to welcome 3 new signings. Sarah Lenton-euph (info below) also Warren Middleton-trombone (info below) and a local lad Ben Rodgers on front row cornet. All we need now is a couple of bass players to complete our line up.

A member of Youth Brass 2000 and recently described as one of the 'up and coming stars of the Brass Band World', Sarah Lenton was awarded the prize of 'Best Euphonium' at the recent Tameside Youth Championships and, in addition to this, is the current 'Best Instrumentalist' from the 2009 National Youth Championships.
    On Sarah's appointment MD, Robin Norman said "It is great for us that a player of Sarah's quality has agreed to take Solo Euph seat and is justification of the progress that is being made by every member of the band. We welcome her to the ranks and look forward to her input in rehearsals, concerts and, of course, our assault on the Midlands Area First Section in March."
    Sarah added "After helping Raunds out with a couple of concerts recently I have been really impressed with the work ethic, friendship and general atmosphere around the band. My experience of this joined with the chance to work in a band with my teacher, Robin, made the decision very simple"
    Sarah's first concert with the band is on Saturday 12th December in Little Addington.
    Also Warren Middleton who has joined us on trombone. He is director of the Huntingdonshire Music School and did play with Newham and redbridge in the early 1990s. Since then he was trombone with “Bad Manners” and “The Specials” and, alongside Huntingdonshire Music School, runs his own artist management company (including being the manager of “The Specials”).

Raunds would also like to welcome back to the band after a break is Mick Bruce Bass Trom – Kay and Richard Hollingsworth 2nd Euph and Cornet