Rath R9 bass trombone for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Hibbs, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Hibbs

Hibbs New Member

Rath R9 bass trombone for sale.

This trombone is around 4 years old but is in fantastic condition having been very well looked after.

The trombone has the nickel bell, bronze slide and yellow brass tuning slides. It also comes with two extra leadpipes (so 3in total, 9, 9B and 9L, all in brass). The trombone is also fitted with the new Rath hand support which has only been on for a couple of weeks.

It will come in the protec case that came with the Bass trombone which is in very good condition, although there are a few scuffs on the outside but nothing major.

The lacquer is in fantastic condition with only the slightest sign of wear on the hand rest and the smallest of dings on the bell, which I have tried to show in the photos. I have seen this trombone next to brand new ones and I think it's hard to tell them apart due to the great state of the finish.

The slide is 100% and really is the high standard expected from Rath trombones.
    This trombone has the hagmann valves with heavy valve caps which are in great working order. I really have looked after those religiously.

The trombone plays fantastic as would be expected from Rath. It has also been serviced by Rath within the last couple of weeks so really is in top shape,with the internal slides looking new.

I'm selling at £3250.00. This is based on the fact that a new rath with these specs (nickel bell, bronze slide, hagmann valves are all extras) will cost over £5000, and that's not including the 2 lead pipes and hand support which would be around an extra £250.00.

This is an amazing bass trombone and a reluctant sale.

Please feel free to ask any questions if interested. I'm new on the forum but I'm sure I could post or PM some photos if your interested.