Rath R4F For Sale £1500 o.n.o

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Steve, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

I'm selling my Rath.

As with all Rath's its a customised and after many, many trial set up's it was this one that Richard Brown and myself thought was the best when we were both at Grimey. I've been using it for the last year with B&R and its a great, great trombone. As I'm not playing it so much any more it's up for sale.

Has some cosmetic damage. The laqueur is wearing at the contact points however everyone knows a 'green' trombone looks best. It also has an unlaqueured bell for extra resonance which goes a lovely green if left unpolished. There is a dent / crease on one side of the bell that is more than a mute ding but can go down to Rath and get a repair quote if anyone wants it. Still a bargain as they're £2,500 new and this plays brilliantly!

Anyway, email me for details, pics or to try it. Its a stunner, the best trombone I've ever played for 2nd trombone work and has never let me down when depping on top trom either, be it brass band or other ensemble. I'm in Huddersfield.

PM me. No stupid offers please :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rath R4F For Sale
    many
    B&R
    bell
    Rath
  3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Considering it's been blown in by you? Tenner, final offer :biggrin:

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thanks Duncan......!!!

Took the hooter to Raths today and here is more spec on the trombone:

Bell: Red Brass 8.5"
    Tuning Slide: Gold Brass
    Outer Slide: Bronze
    Heavy Valve Bottoms

Comes with Virtuosi sturdy travel case and mouthpiece (choice of Bach 5G, Bach 4G, Schilke 51D, Wick 4.5AL, Wick 5AL, Greg Black monster thing). Can also chuck in some rather wonderful mutes too (Jo Ral, McLean, Wick) but only at a price.

The bone had a full service this year, had the valve relapped 2 months ago and it is in alround great playing condition. Slide is 8/10, a bit of slide-o-mix gets it to 9/10 but the Rath lads will have it 10/10 in no time if required. The dents on the bell can be taken out for £90 and a service would be £90 including all slide and valve work.

Photos going online tonight at www.rainfordband.org.uk/tromboneforsale.html

£1500o.n.o

5. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Does the blue gaffer tape come as extra?

(you can count on me for a thread bump!)

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Trombone now sold as a result of this advert :)