Rath Mouthpiece Wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by craigster, Jul 7, 2005.

1. craigster

craigster Member

Anybody have a used Rath L4 1/2 or L5 mouthpiece that they want to get rid of? It is hard to get a hold of them to try here in Canada (only distributor is in the boonies in Edmonton), so buying a used model is less risky.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rath Mouthpiece
    Rath L4
    Canada
    Craig
    Edmonton
  3. kiwiposaune

kiwiposaune New Member

Hey Craig. Can't help with the Rath m'piece but I would suggest you try the Griego - 4 or 5 / NY or Deco - they're all good, just depends on how bright or dark you want to be (or Kevin wants you to be) and how hard you want to work in the high range. The entire Greg Black brigade is moving to them, they're the most comfortable, best sounding mouthpieces I've ever played. Hope the weather's good there.

4. craigster

craigster Member

Hey Dave: Thanks for the response. The band just got back from a western Canada tour (my last gig with the band) and I had two minutes to try some Rath horns and mouthpieces when we were in Edmonton. Really loved the response and sound but need to figure out which model I want.

The problem, even with trying a Griego is finding a retailer up here that carries any of these 'custom' pieces where you can try before you buy.

Weather is a beautiful 28 celsius with a gentle breeze. Come back and see us sometime!