Rate your Conductors Mwhahaha...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ickle.Hannah, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Ickle.Hannah

Ickle.Hannah Member

This is the formum where you cane rate your conductors, or another bands conductor... please don't be too mean, remember they have to put up with you! hmm... who should I start off with... I know Rhodri Griffith, Probably the funniest conductor ever, when he is actually conducting....imagine Crouch then times that by 10, well iv started you off, please continue :D

2. Ickle.Hannah

Ickle.Hannah Member

^ soz bout spellin mistakes tried to correct them but i cant :D xxx

3. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Who's seen phil harper from the rear???? :tongue:

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

All,

While we accept that this thread is probably intended as a bit of fun, please be aware of the very public nature of posting on tMP. Any posts which we think are out of order, or break tMP's rules will be removed on sight, and may result in the thread being locked.

By all means have fun with this thread, but we just ask you all to post responsibly.

Thanks.

Ian.
    On behalf of the tMP team.

5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Rate your conductors mwahahaha

Sorry, I don't think our conductor's got a mwahahaha.

Mwahahahahaha:wink: :dunno

6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I was thinking exactly the same thing. What is a mwahahahaha? Will ask my year 8's next lesson ;-)

7. SammyT

SammyT Member

Sharon Stansfield - Bloomin fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:
    We just won the National FInals in the 3rd Section after a very hard year for her personally and she is a fantastic mate as well - a great way to say thanks Sharon
    Love ya loads
    Sam

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Our conductor is the most wonderful conductor in the entire world. He's charming, delightful and the most musically erudite man in the history of conducting.
    Ow. Can you let go of my arm now please Steve? It's about to break...
    BMB
    xx

9. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

10. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

why thankyou!:oops:
    does that mean I havent got the sack for being a wee bit tipsy at the weekend!!:tongue:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Conductors
    Mwhahaha
    formum
    Rhodri Griffith
    bands conductor
  12. SammyT

SammyT Member

Of course not he he he he
    Look at the state I was in yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Still feel rough and cant speak!! - not easy for a teacher!!

13. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

The obvious post

OK

"Simply stated, most metals are good electrical conductors, most nonmetals are not. Metals are also generally good heat conductors while nonmetals are not."

Therefore, the following is my rating of conductors:

Copper = 8/10
    Gold = 8.5/10
    Plastic = 1/10
    Rubber = 1/10

For more information about conductors, go to http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/conins.html

14. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

:clap: :clap: :clap:
    So a really really bad conductor's an insulator then??? (like Radox, but that's another joke entirely...)

15. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

becareful :clap: . You should rephrase this one

16. The best conductor I have played for has to be my present one, Steve Burton. He believes I can do what he asks of me and has given me a lot more confidence. He believed our band could get the perc prize at Wychaven and told us so. I'm glad we did it for him.
    John Berryman is also a great guy, watching him move when he conducts shows how he really is into the music. I used to listen to the Rigid (GUS) band some years ago while he was there.

17. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

I totally agree. Any chance of not picking on the horn section tonight Steve?

Btw our conductors picture on 4 bars rest review of the Areas was the best. :cool:

18. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

As someone who resurrected Shirley Band when it was going down hill fast, and as an excellent band trainer, Dave Lea has to be highly regarded. Our present conductor Martyn Ford, though not from an brass band background is an outstanding musician and is somehow able to draw the best out of all players without resorting to screaming and shouting.

(the late) Harold Smith was my first conductor at Barnoldswick Band. Lets just say he used to come up with some incredible body contortions on the contest stage. Not bad for a bloke who'd been shot through the knee in the war.

19. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Hahahaha! I can say what I like, because all the people I work with don't go anywhere near tMP!

Orchestral conductors on the whole are a mixed bag. Some really do deserve the hero-worship put upon them. Others, you begin to wonder how they got any work in the first place.

Here's a few good ones I've worked with recently:

Martyn Brabbins (but, of course, he's on of us - ex Trombone/euph player)
    Owain Arwel Hughs (lacking in ability, but he's a lovely chap!)
    Jac van Steen (so clear, so precise)
    Pierre Boulez (getting on a bit now, but still razor-sharp)
    Jiri Belohlavek (very old-school, but he earns resect)

Here are some awful ones:

Andrew Litton (The Planets almost collapsed)
    Richard Hickox (can't conduct 7/8 and blames everyone else)
    Ivan Fischer (good technician, but so unpleasant to work with)

As for brass band conductors, our own David Stowell is great. He gets the job done, but still does it with a good sense of humour. Top notch!

ps I'm playing with Antonio Pappano tomorrow - I'll let you know what he's like!

Edit: He's a top bloke. Good conductor, good ideas. Prefers to be called 'Tony'.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  20. persins

persins Member

According to the Blue-Rinse brigade of Christchurch and Bournemouth, Chris Davis when he's wearing the Royal Marines Dress trousers beats that!

Never really looked myself but it is a standing joke whenever Chris conducts a band!!