Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by akwarose, May 19, 2004.

1. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

ok, i write this because last night we had a very enjoyable rehearsal spoilt by a couple of lads who thought it would be funny to throw water bombs through the door at us while we were playing. i was not amused because i caught the full force of the first one, and a good friend on front row the second.
    it annoys me because
    a. i got soaked for the night
    b. it was completely unprovoked.
    paul, who regularly watches the band rehearsing, has now said he will stand outside for the evening while we rehearse to make sure it doesnt happen again. i think this is totally unfair on paul.
    i was just wonderin whether anyone else has ever had problems of this sort, and peoples opinions.

sorry for the rant. i'll stop now. i was just annoyed coz i was really really wet for the night :evil:
  2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

We've discussed this before somewhere, can't be bothered to find it so

We've had live fireworks thrown into a bandroom at a previous band of mine, police said did we see who'd done it (no we were rehearsing) it's lucky we had a inner door otherwise it could have been very serious!!

The scals come and go, with the weather, fireworks, snow, they do it for a chase or whatever, if you ingnore them they get more and more advernturess until someone/thing gets hurt!

Bring back flogging :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

When I was teaching some of my juniors last week, some delightful youths threw a couple of water bombs at the window (thankfully it was closed). I did a Twigge family glare, they swore and rode off on their little bikes quite quickly :twisted:
    Is not very nice though, particularily for the person I was teaching at the time.
  4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I've also had success with Kepp's Fearsome Frown
  5. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

being very specific ther gary
  6. trombelle

trombelle Member

the junior band i started out with always had trouble with scallies. the least of the trouble was kicking the door and yelling and stuff but the worse was when they trashed the band room and beat up the conducter after rehearsal.

one night there were a load of kids hanging round the door (very scary for us little ones :( ) and the conducter INVITED THEM IN TO LISTEN :shock: (apparently its reverse psychology...i prefer to call it madness). anyway they sat directly behind me and i was really scared. :oops: but then they pulled out a bag of chips and offered me some. never had any trouble from those particular scalls again. true story :)
  7. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Right Laugh for your conductor! :eek:
  8. trombelle

trombelle Member

well nooo, but fair play to him, didnt stop him and he kept the band going for a fair few years afterwards
  9. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

We used to have young people jumping onto our bandroom in Clydebank - the band hall was down a steep embankment beside a railway line and they used to jump onto the roof and run around. We were always terrified they'd fall through the roof. People used to have to go out and chase them away but they just came back. :?
  10. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

yeh. first one our conductor and paul ran for the door, but didnt get there in time, second one and alan (bass player) must have seen it coming coz he was out the door jus as it hit. he would have caught them if he hadnt of fallen over. him and our MD jus walked straight into their house and had a go. it was great..... i thougt it was action man come to visit!!!!
    but they didnt come back, and if they try it on thursday I will run after them, and i dont run unless scared or after blood :twisted:

i agree..... bring back flogging :p
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We keep having to padlock the door bolt in the closed position while we're in the bandroom cos otherwise the little so and so's come along and bolt us in!!
    Either that or it's the bloke next door that does it?!?
    Flogging is indeed the way forward. :twisted: :hammer
  12. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Sad really that these youths (trying not to make assumptions, but who else could it be?) have nothing better to do with their lives.
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

My old band had one or two incidenses with kids involved causing trouble for whatever reason... best bit was that we had 2/3 bobbies in the band ;-) they sorted it out :)
  14. skillfull brass

skillfull brass New Member

15. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Having watched today's Prime Minister's Question, I can probably vouch that Tony Blair is in a similar state of mind right now. That purple paint is a pain to get out of suits!!!
  16. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

thats the sorta thing.
    i mean really, wot did we ever do to them?

i guess we were lucky it was only water.....
    them bl**dy kids were lucky it was only water.... else they would have died, slowly and painfully :twisted:
  17. jimortality

jimortality Member

We don't have problems like that at our bandroom, probably cos no one can find it, apart from tractors, cows and sheep!

Jim Baritone

Ransome Band
  18. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

at least u guys have the rite idea.... rehearse in an abandoned barn or sumfin!!! its genius. i will suggest it to the tribal elders...*ahem* commitee :p
  19. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I once went talking to the youths in easington, they found I was an alright guy and then left us alone, as long as I said hello each time I went in and out :-S
  20. tsawyer

tsawyer Member