Ransome Band Press release

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by yorkie19, May 20, 2004.

1. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

The Ransome band are delighted to announce that Chris Jeans will be helping the band out on solo trombone at the forthcoming All-England Masters. Chris was with the band when they finished 2nd at the National Finals and also when they represented England at the 2001 European Championships in Montreux.

Furthermore, the band has announced that Nick Walkley and Mike Howley will also be helping the band at the contest. Nick, the principal cornet with the Fairey FP (Music) Band, will be deputising for Gary Wyatt, and Mike will be playing 2nd Euphonium.

Finally, Graham O'Connor, their resident conductor, has dusted off his mouthpiece and will be making a playing return on 3rd cornet for the contest.

Sam Kind, the band's Public Relations Officer, commented 'The band was already on a high following our performance at the Spring Festival, and being able to add such a depth of talent and experience to the line-up for the Masters has given the band an even bigger buzz in the run-up to the contest.'

The band will be holding an Open Rehearsal on Thursday 27th May starting at 8pm. The rehearsal will be held in the Sir Stuart Goodwin Pavillion at Newark Showground. The Showground is just off the A1/A46 junction in the Lincoln direction.
  2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Good on you! That's one good trombone player you're getting!
  3. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

Hi Sam
    Good news from Ransome. Has Nick Walkley left Faireys? If he plays with Ransome at the Masters he will not be able to play with Fairey at the Open.

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Think you can dep for the masters with a doctors note if the player is absent for a genuine reason.
  5. impycornet

impycornet Member

I assume they must have a doctors note ??

same as Richard Marshall for temps ?
  6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Yes, Nick is helping out with a doctors note.

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Would it be more feasible if he helped out with a cornet instead? ;-) ;-)

Seriously. though; good luck with your new found acquisitions and the rest of the band at the Masters. ;-)
  8. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Cheers Dave.

I don't know though. Nick sounded totally at home on the doctor's note the other night :lol:

9. jimortality

jimortality Member

10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Blimey Charlie...are there going to be a spate of Mystery Illnesses? maybe the masters should introduce a day transfer scheme like pontins etc...
    I know there have been a few in the past ( Chris Thomas from Cory playing with Leyland as an example)....suppose it opens up a can of worms with Welsh registered players playing in the English Masters..
    just want to say Peter Roberts just had some dental work done...he not got a sicknote...well done Peter.
  11. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

To be fair, Nick, Gary had hoped to play at the Masters when the operation was done, but his lip hasn't recovered quite as quickly as the doctors thought it would. However, he will be making a full return to active duty soon.

The band was put in a sticky situation as a result, and we are very grateful to Nick and to the Fairey band for helping us out.

12. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Is that Baritone player with the dodgey shoes making a return to the band for the Masters. Or has he got another feeble excuse. :wink: :wink:
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I believe the gentleman concerned (he of dubious parentage) is cleaning his shoes on 30th May. Not sure which pub we'll be in though!
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

stu has aswell!... :)
  15. jimortality

jimortality Member

Hey!!!! I'be been back since last August thank you very much Gareth. I will be cleaning my shoes though, but Bob will be there to help me this time!!

ps message from Bob!!! you've got ***** on yer shoes, you ******* shoed *******
  16. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Glad to hear it. tell Bob the beers are on him.
  17. jimortality

jimortality Member

Would just like to take this opportunity, to let you know that the Ransome Band Website has been updated. It had been left unattended for quite a while, but I've taken over the running of the site. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm learning as I go along, so any constructive help would be gratefully appreciated.

18. Steve

Steve Active Member

Not a bad lot of deps i guess :shock: Good luck on the day
  19. jimortality

jimortality Member

Only two!!