Ransome Band Press Release

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by yorkie19, Oct 25, 2004.

1. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

The Ransome Band recently warmed up for the forthcoming Pontins Brass Band Championships with a concert at the Mechanics Theatre in Burnley. They caused quite a stir. Val Logan, Duty Manager at the theatre said "We have promoted a season of Championship Band concerts for the past 16 years and our audience is used to a very high standard of performance, but I received more positive comments about the Ransome Band than I have heard for a long while."

Audience feedback include comments such as "excellent", "get them back again", "wonderful musicians", "a brilliant afternoon's entertainment" and even, "loved the singing". Val has already asked the Theatre Manager to bring the band back next season and the audience is looking forward to seeing them.

The band has been busy strengthening it's ranks in the last few weeks. The recent, and welcome, return of baritone star Carol Crompton has seen a change on the Euph-Bari line with Jim Brailsford moving onto 2nd Euphonium, and Alex Seedhouse joining the band on 2nd baritone. John Thackray, the brother of the band's Solo Horn player George Thackray, has also rejoined the band, on 1st horn. This move sees Steve Thompson move onto 2nd horn. Jo Riseley, the Band Manager commented "There's a very positive mood in the bandroom at the moment. We've seen a number of players rejoin the band over the last couple of months, and this has given the band a real boost in the run-up to Pontins and Spennymoor."
  2. Bones

Bones Member

Must have been down to your dep Solo trom for the day :)

Best of luck at Pontins. See you there.

3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Not surprising with Chris Jeans doing his bit that people thought it was a great show! Well done though. And nice to see Alex getting a mention... he'll be a star that boy!
  4. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Lynchie, read the post above yours... :rolleyes:
  5. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Oi Rich dont forget dep G Trom as well. It was my amazing singing that swung it.
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

umm was referring to his position as musical advisor (I take it he still does that...)

I do occassionally read these things...
  7. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Soz! :oops: