Ranking System

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hopeless, Apr 24, 2013.

1. hopeless

hopeless New Member

I wonder if anyone can clarify the ranking order of TMP is there a recognised promotion ladder. My age is probably preventing me from working it out, but I would love to know, and despite asking, no one to date has explained it .

For example, I note many varying degrees of 'Friend ' and my guess at seniority is:

Newbie >Friend in Training ( what training ? ) >Friend > Prime Friend > Senior Friend> Friend for Life> Master Friend etc plus all other ranks. Can someone please give the official ranking order as I have would love to know.

This is a serious request and I know for certain that I am not the only member in the dark.
    Hopeless

2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

It is not so much a ranking as a badge. The various levels are based on the number of posts that you have made.

Off the top of my head, a newbie is someone who has posted between 0 and 5/10 time Can't remember?
    A Friend in Training has posted between 11? and 99 times
    A Friend has [posted between 100 and 199 times
    A Senior Friend has posted between 200 and 499 time
    A Master Friend has posted between 500 and 1999 posts?
    A Prime Friend has over 2000 posts

If you are very lucky you may catch a glimpse of the lesser spotted Dave Payn who has the privilege of being tMP posting freak.

So as you can see it is purely based on the number of posts that you have made, and nothing to do with a ranking system.

Sure if The Music Man gets a look at this, or one of the Mods they may be able to give you the exact numbers.

3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Posts in the Random Topics do not count towards your count (unless, of course, you were already a posting nutcase before that rule was brought in! :D

4. hopeless

hopeless New Member

Thanks to you all for the information. I guess that's one ladder I won't be able to climb !!
    But now at least I know what they mean.

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

It's all clarified rather conveniently in a golden oldie thread from 2002 which can be found here

Some real blasts from the past in that thread!

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Before my time....... but great reading none the less

7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I think that there's only myself and Mike from that thread who still regularly frequent these parts!

8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Surely that requires a new ranking of uberboc? :p

9. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Like the ghosts at the feast?