Rainford say goodbye to Martin Rigby and Steve March...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by NAS, Jul 12, 2011.

1. NAS

NAS Member

Rainford Band would like to announce the retirement of Eb bass player Martin Rigby. Martin has been a member of the band since it's formation in 1976. Paying tribute to Martin, Neil Samuel said: " Martin has been such a pleasure to work with! He has ben fully committed to each and every performance. I will never forget what Martin has done for me over the years in his role as chairman, mainly keeping me in check!". Despite his retirement, Martin will remain busy as he is spending alot of his time visiting local elderley residents in the community in order to assist them with the up keep of their gardens. Neil added: "typical Martin... always giving!".

The band are also sad to say goodbye to solo euphonium player and associate conductor Steve March. Steve has left the band to pursue other interests also. Acting band chairman Paul Rigby said: "I would like to thank Steve on behalf of the band for all of his hard work and memorable performances on both the concert and contest stage". "He is certainly going to be missed in the bandroom and we wish him well in his future ventures". The band hope to announce Steve's successor to the solo euphonium chair in the coming weeks.

With the new contest season fast approaching the band has engaged leading cornet player Rob Westacott who will lead a number of 'cornet only' rehearsals. The band are also looking forward to welcoming Fodens star Bb bass player Andrew Warriner and Fairey principal trombone player, Les Webb in assistng with the bands preparation.