Rainford gain trio...

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by NAS, Jan 1, 2012.

1. NAS

NAS Member

Santa visits Rainford over Christmas...

Rainford band are pleased to announce that former principal cornet player Mark Jones has returned to the band on solo cornet. Mark has also played principal cornet with Haydock and Leyland bands in recent years.

Also returning to the band is solo trombone player Rachel Allen, who had taken time out to concentrate on preparing for college auditions.

Since the departure of Steve March in the Summer the band have found themselves without an associate conductor. The band are now pleased to announce that the search is now over and that former Black Dyke baritone star Gareth Brindle has accepted the position with the band. Commenting on the appointment MD Neil Samuel said: "unfortunately due to my work commitments I miss one or two rehearsals a month with the band, and when I read that Gareth was in a similar predicament with work it seemed like a no brainer to offer Gareth the position".

Band chairman Paul Rigby added: "as a former playing member of the band I am looking forward to seeing these fine chaps taking the band forward this year, these are exciting times for our organisation".