Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by flahshorn, Sep 10, 2005.

1. flahshorn

flahshorn Account Suspended

Isn't rain the most annoying thing when trying to hold any kind of outdoor event.

Was playing at Newent today and the event had to be cancelled because the whole town got flooded! We nearly got stuck there unable to get home!

Although it was raining heavily, we went inside to play for an hour and then we were told the event was cancelled by the fire brigade due to floods and because there was a funfair there was electricity in the water!!

Luckily I made it out, will try and get some pics loaded on soon!
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yup... Rain is very very very annoying in ALL contexts.... especially when it floods into the basement and ruins a lotta stuff :(
  3. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

What are you talking about!!!!! We need two days of rain (at least in Surrey).
  4. Lisa

Lisa Member

Noooooooooooooooooo....rain is fantastic! There is nothing like rain to add a bit of atmosphere to an event! It's very fun to get completely soaked! I have been to proms in the park in London tonight and it was raining lots and lots and there was lightening too! It all added to the sense of occasion! :biggrin:
  5. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

aww rain is nice in most contexts... i agree it can spoil a day out sometimes but it depends on the crowd you're with...
  6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Rain can be great at times, just ask a pro cricketer!!! ;)
  7. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

or a bog snorkeler!!
  8. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Newent Onion Sandbags!

Yole John

Can you forward the photos? Bet you're looking forward to the next event I ask you to!!! :D

How about playing at a Lydney Rugby match on Dec 10th? We're pre-match and half-time entertainment (for some perhaps!!!). Should be fun on the mud!

9. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a bit of a wet one !!!
    Shoes went mouldy cus i didnt dry em :frown: Yuk!!!
    Didnt know there was electricity in the water :eek: bit of a shocker :tongue:

Good job they let us go inside wouldve totally wrecked all the music if wed stayed outside

Thats a point... wonder if the pews are dry yet.....
  10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

What is really annoying is when you've spent ages doing your hair, you go out without an umbrella and it rains....you may aswell just turn round and call it a night.:mad:
  11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Rain doesn't particularly bother me, its only when its blowing a gale that it really bothers me.