Rachmaninov Vocalise

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Iain Maxwell, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Iain Maxwell

Iain Maxwell New Member

I have been trying to find the Rachmaninov Vocalise op.43 no.14 for trombone and piano, but cant find it anywhere! I've tried tons of music shops but they say its unavailabe or they can't import it due to copyright! Can anyone advise me on where i can get hold of this this? Has any one got a copy themselves?

2. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Steven Mead has got one in his "World of the Euphonium series."
    It is obviously a Euph and Piano arrangement, but I have got it and it's sooooo lovely! :D
    Check his website www.euphonium.net
    It comes with both Treble and Bass cleff parts for whichever cleff that you read with trombone :wink:
    If i remember correctly it's under £10, not sure how much though- probs about £7 + postage.
    Hope you get hold of a copy, and tell us when you've got it.
    Most importantly, enjoy playing it! :wink:
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i think brett baker just recorded this one on his "Meditation" album... pm me if you want his contact details...
  4. timbloke

timbloke Member

try in the book of trombone solos

"Solos for the trombone player, with piano accompaniment. Selected and Edited by Henry C Smith"

you'll find it in there and should have no problem getting the book, quite a standard of trombone solos, got the brilliant elergy for mippy II by bernstein, i used to love playing that.

5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Excellent book, and almost all of the solos work for tenor horn too! I know, I've played them.
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I played that for a bunch of kids once, and rachel tells me it was inapproproate... :roll:
  7. timbloke

timbloke Member

why innapropriate?
  8. blue euph

blue euph Member

Its in the Solos for trombone solos, edited by Henry C Smith though I can't recall which key it was written in. I ended up rewriting it to c minor which sounded better to me. I changed measure 6 to a 5/4 measure so the accompianst would know how long I hold the long note. I also took out the repeats in it which makes the piece kinder on the chops. I played it at church one time. It went over well, likely due to a having a good piano accompianst who can play steady 8th notes without burying me quite unlike I played it with the brass band. It didn't help that I had a very bad cold at the concert.
  9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

The book edited by Henry C Smith is available HERE

TIMBONE Active Member

Have I missed something? Rimsky-Korsakov yes, but no Rachmaninoff, (correst spelling).
  11. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Down at the bottom. Vocalise Op.38 I think Sergei Rachmaninoff (although there is no correct spelling apart from the cyrillic).

edit: Looks like a good book, just bought it.