Race for Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Leyfy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Anyone else (ladies) doing the race for life?

I'm about as fit as an unfit thing, so got some serious work to do between now and June!!
  2. joker66

joker66 Member

I won't be doing the Race for Life. I entered 2 years ago with my 5 year old daughter and a couple of other relatives. I had to have major surgery the week before the race so was unable to do it. My daughter was very upset as she wanted to do the race and send in her sponsor money. We suggested that she did a similar distance (as she could not do the race) and that we would still collect the money and send it in. We wrote to the Race for Life organisers (who I appreciate have a huge job to do) to let them know that I could not do it and asked if we could have the finishing medal for my daugher (having paid an entrance fee for the race) - despite several letters, emails etc we got no response. However they continued to send requests for me to submit my sponsor money.

I didn't want any response for myself but my daughter was so disappointed not to get her medal. I did collect sponsor money raised by my daughter and some of my sponsors still paid, but sent it to another Cancer Charity
  3. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Yeah i'm supossed to be doing it with a few mates, i was planning on doing it last year but it was just another of those things you never get round too. But would love to do it as i do enjoy exercise and plus its not a 24 mile run... I couldnt do that!:rolleyes:
  4. millie6589

millie6589 Member

yeah i'm definately doing it again this year, i did it a couple of years ago to celebrate my grandma getting the all clear, but she died a few months ago after it came back..
  5. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Yes, I'm doing it, and mine's in May, so guess I'd better find those short shorts and head back to the gym!

I think it's a wonderful thing to do. And I'm just so glad that I don't have anyone personally to be running for.
  6. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I almost did it once, Yes, I am Male but I was allowed because I was supposed to be pushing my grandmother in her wheelchair so she could be with her 5 daughters who were doing it. Only she took a turn for the worst so no-one did it.