QWERTY Keyboard

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. sugarandspice

    sugarandspice Active Member

    i often make the mistake of accidently hitting the "caps Lock" button as i'm typing with out realising it and end up writing long paragraphs in capital letters (as i have just done, in my law essay!!*frown*)
    is there any way of changing it back to lower case without having to re write it all?!
    help me!
  2. mikelyons

    mikelyons Supporting Member

    There is or used to be a setting in Word that's supposed to do this if it recognises that you are typing a sentence in caps. Let me have a look.

    Try tools-->autocorrect options. There should be a tick box there on the autocorrect tab. It's not perfect, and doesn't always work. But it IS there.
  3. TheMusicMan

    TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

    You can use MSWord to do this...
  4. sugarandspice

    sugarandspice Active Member

    someone came to my rescue! appartently you:

    Assume you're using word - 'format' drop down menu 'change case'!!

    also pointed out the fact that i now look very silly, and blonde! thankyou very much! but its not my fault! i mean, its not that obvious!
  5. mikelyons

    mikelyons Supporting Member

    Change Case only works after the fact.

    The autocorrect option is supposed to do it as you go along.
  6. BoBo

    BoBo Member

    If you select the text you want to change (I'm assuming MS word in use here) then use shift F3 (ie hold shift key down and press F3 key on top row of keyboard), it will toggle you through all caps, all lower case, capitalised etc.