Quotes on Parenthood

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jack E, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

"Watching the kids play hide and seek in the park. Mine just hid behind a chain-link fence. At least we don't have to save to put him through college."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My son can now reach the light switches - so don't come over my house unless you're really into raves, or want to have a seizure."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (5:45am, in a harsh whisper) "Daddy, don't worry, you can sleep - I'm making my own breakfast. How do you turn on the oven?"
    (Me) "I'm up!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My 2 year old can figure out how to work the remote - but can't find his own mouth when he's eating spaghetti."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Don't ask me if I've seen a movie. I have four little girls. If there wasn't a singing princess in it, the answer is 'No'."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My youngest is being tested for the Gifted Program at his elementary school, and my other son thinks his toothbrush is haunted."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (me) "You can wish on any star you want."
    (son, gazing into the night sky) "Which one is the Death Star?"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Don't dance while you're wiping your butt!

That concludes today's edition of 'Things I Never Thought I'd Have to Yell at My Kids'.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (son) "Am I adopted?"
    (me) "Not yet - but we're hopeful."
    "Just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Babies are okay if you're into alarm clocks that poop."
    "My daughter asked why we say 'hang up the phone'. I feel like I'm 90."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "And then one day we decided we were tired of sleeping in, and doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, in a clean house - so we had kids."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My 2 year old thinks every guy on the TV with a beard is me. We just watched an awesome documentary about how I freed the slaves . . . "
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My daughters took it in turns tracing each other, over and over, with chalk. Now it looks like 25 children were murdered in my driveway."
    (4 year old making faces in the mirror)
    (me) "Your reflection always does exactly what you do."
    (4 year old) "Sometimes she doesn't."

We're moving.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mesmerist likes this.
  2. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Especially love number 7 and the last one!

3. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

My son fits both of #6.....

Mesmerist likes this.
  4. Mesmerist

I'd love a haunted toothbrush.

5. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Would you like congratulations, sympathy - or both? ;)

Euphonium Lite likes this.
  6. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Be careful what you pray for, Mesmerist - God has ears!

Mesmerist likes this.
  7. Euphonium Lite

Me too.....

Mesmerist likes this.
  8. Mesmerist

Does it disappear when needed or just talk to him?

9. Euphonium Lite

Lol he is what he is. I went to the Leicester contest without him last year - the lady on the trade stand asked me where he was.......once you meet him he's not easily forgotten :)

Jack E likes this.
  10. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

EL - Yeeesss . . . I've met some children like that . . . like my old boss's daughter; she was 8 going on 94, and looked after her dad as though she was his gran, and he was a wayward four year old . . . patient, but implacable . . .

Euphonium Lite likes this.
  11. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

And another from the father of four small daughters . . .

upload_2018-5-11_10-56-40.png
    :D