Quotes - How Do You Do IT?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Charmed, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Okay, I'm not that daft!:biggrin:

I know how to use a quote. But how on earth do you guys use more than one quote in one post. Been trying for ages to figure this out, didn't want you guys thinking I was dumb! :rolleyes:

But I give in - can't see how to do it. Please enlighten me :confused: :oops:
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

No, I could never figure that one out either without taking aaaaaaaaaages mucking about doing it!!
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I dunno, I just wrap qoute tags round the bits I want in quotes and if theyre in a different post go an copy an paste that. It takes ages.
  4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

indeed, copy-paste the text from other posts into your message;
    highlight the pasted text;
    click the "quote" button (the little text balloon)
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

In addition to the above, if you want to show who made the original post, edit the text to read "QUOTE=PeterBale" etc (between the usual brackets, of course!)
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That's how I've been doing it...maybe it's just cos I'm a bit of a duffer at this sort of stuff but it takes me yonks (and I can never remember how to spell peoples user names so i end up scrolling about umpteen times and the screen ends up going up and down more often than a new brides nightie!) :redface:
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The other thing to remember, if answering several points made by the same poster, you can simply open and close the Quote boxes as you go along, posting your own comments in between: if doing that, I always preview before posting, as I always end up forgetting to close one of the brackets somewhere along the line :oops: