'quotations'

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Shell, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Shell

Shell Member

Sorry if this has already been covered but...
    I can put in quotes...no problem but it just says 'quote' at the top of the box. How do I get the 'originally posted by ....' bit??:dunno

2. NeilW

NeilW Member

Click on the quote button bottom right of the viewing frame.

If you're going to put it in by hand,
    [QU0TE=Shell;576193]
    where (obviously) Shell is the person you're quoting and 576193 is the post number which can be ommitted.

(I've replaced the O in quote with a 0 to stop that line being 'processed' )

Neil.

3. Shell

Shell Member

aaaaah! I didn't see that button!! many thanks! :clap: :clap: :clap:

4. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

How do you do multiple quotes (from different people) in the one post?? Do you have to do it manually or is there an easier way to do it?

5. Di

Di Active Member

You can do multiple posts by using the green arrow ( [​IMG] ) next to the quote button. When pressed, it will change colour. When you get the last post you wish to quote, us the quote button in that one which will open up the reply window and you should find all the required posts quoted.

Also works if you select all the required quotes and then hit reply. (Just found that out!) (Gosh, you find out something new every day!! ) ;)

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know that! :) :rolleyes:

7. Shell

Shell Member

woah! thats another button I didn't notice...I think a little visit to specsavers is in order for me...and I'm supposed to be the observant one...pah! :rolleyes:

8. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Have you ever thought of getting a part time job as a stand in for Dougall in Father Ted?? :rolleyes: :)

9. Shell

Shell Member

Lol! :clap:
    I'd certainly fit the part!

I used to have a dog called Dougal....

10. Robhibberd29

Did you realise or did it just appear one day and you said "woah" :rolleyes: :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    problem
    quotes
    quotations
    box
    bit
  12. Shell

Shell Member

To be honest I don't even know if he was real, maybe he was imaginary...if that was the case, I must have looked funny when taking him for walks...

13. Robhibberd29

You would look like one of those rather dubious people who walk round with a dog collar with wire in it, pretending they have an invisible dog.:rolleyes:

14. Shell

Shell Member

Only I wouldn't have been as silly as those, at least mine would have been a real invisible dog and not a pretend one!

15. Robhibberd29

Of course, that's what I meant :rolleyes:

16. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

Thanks Di! It's easy when you know how isn't it.!

Always wondered how it was done - but didn't think to ask till I saw this thread!

It made me feel a little better that you (an administrator no less) didn't know either!