Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by spookybiking, May 1, 2003.

Who's interested in a Monthly Quiz?

1. Yes

2. No

1. spookybiking

spookybiking Member

I was wondering if any of the experienced Knowledged brass players moderators or members would like to put a quiz together sometime?

i can't do it im 17 :cry:
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Spooky, you must have read my mind.
    I was only talking about this last night to Wonky Baton.
    I'm quite happy to put together a regular quiz if people are interested.
    I'll add a poll to your original thread to see what others think.

Well Done Spooky - Great Idea.

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yup - I'm game..... :)
  4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Will there be prizes involved. :wink: :wink:
  5. Heather

Heather Member

Excellent idea
  6. twigglet

twigglet Member

I'm up for it. Don't think I'll do very well as I'm not too hot on the band history stuff but I'll do my best!
  7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sounds good to me too
  8. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

John... is there a quiz module for phpBB or should we look towards designing our own quiz site?

Or even... tell you what, I'll do it, and post a link here, that will demonstrate it better. :)
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

A quizz is a good idea, although I've never got more than half of the 4barsrest questions right - maybe I'm not such a BOC after all :!: :oops: :!:
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

Will there be a kiddies section????

I think that I might be bottom of the pile in this one :( ....... (I'm a good guesser though! :shock:)

I think its a good idea ..... definately something to look up for the future!

Ben ;)
  11. groovy

groovy Active Member

Yep, its a good idea! :D
  12. dyl

dyl Active Member

I think the result of the poll (so far) says it all! 100%!
  13. PeterBale

One of the problems with polls is that those who are not interested simply do not respond. The spin-doctors could look at this and say that, of more than 500 members, only a dozen or so appear to be interested - after all, it is LOCAL ELECTION DAY.
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yes, but at least it's showing that there are people interested -and that there is sufficient interest to set up the quiz.

Oh, you've just reminded me - I must go and vote in this Assembly thingy on the way to band practice tonight!
  15. Roger Thorne

I certainly wasn't expecting this sort of response but as the poll is 100% in agreement so far I'll offer a prize to the winner of the first quiz.

A complete brass band score/set of parts to THE BOMBASTO
    click on link below for details

http://www.thornesmusic.freeserve.co.uk/The Bombasto Info.htm

16. PeterBale

If Roger will permit the indulgence of a moment OT, an aside about the idiosyncracies of our political system: When they held the first referendum on devolution in the 1970's I, an englishman living in Wales could vote, whereas my (future) wife, a welshwoman but living in England at the time, could not!
  17. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

a quiz sounds like a good idea
  18. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Ohhh that will be interesting we have the Alan Catheral arrangement. We are putting it on the CD of his music we are doing in June.
  19. Roger Thorne

Hi Gareth,

I didn't realise it had already been arranged - cracking march though, particularly for Trombones and Basses.

20. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

i'd better get my thinking cap on. it sounds like fun!