QUIZ - (September)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the September 2003 Quiz

We’ve taken on board some of your previous comments about the other quizzes so the September Quiz has taken on a new format. Hope you enjoy it.

This Months Quiz Prize has been kindly donated by

THORNES MUSIC

THE RULES:
    You have until midnight on the 30th September to submit your entry.
    Take care though, as the first form received from any individual will be taken as your only entry - you cannot amend your entry.
    In the event of a 'tie', a 'tie-breaker' question has been added. The judges (tMP Site Admin & tMP Mods) decision will be final.

THE RESULTS:
    The Winner and Answers will be announced on 1st October, so go on - have a go and have some fun. Remember it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts.

So here we go . . . Good Luck Everyone

Just click on the following link to take part:

The Mouthpiece.com Quiz - September 2003

:wink:

2. SammyT

SammyT Member

Yeah, I love this type of quiz, THANKYOU :D :lol: :D

3. leisa

leisa Active Member

That was horrible!! my brain hurts i gave up half way through too hard

4. Roger Thorne

Thanks Sammy.

We've have had a lot of comments about the questions in the quiz and it really is difficult to please everyone all of the time. Some say there are too many photo's other say too many Brass Band questions. So this month we thought we'd take these comments on board and do something about it.
    This type of quiz hopefully will appeal to a larger section of our membership, mainly because you don't have to be a Brass Band Boffin to answer the questions.
    Anyway no doubt the feedback in the coming days will tell.
    I look forward to your comments.

5. SammyT

SammyT Member

Yeah I struggled with the previous ones as I don't know lots about other bands. The only question I was certain of previously was a photo of the band I play for - he he he. :!: :oops:
    I do like logic questions - more please!!! :D :D

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think someone's been looking at the Think Tank in the Metro - or else you both use the same source material!

Not enough banding / music there for me this time, I'm afraid, although I may still have a go.

7. Roger Thorne

See, you can't please everyone all of the time! :lol:

Go on Peter, have a go. I bet you're brilliant at these Quizzes.

:idea: How about Mouthpiece members submitting a couple of questions each for the October Quiz.

If you have a favourite type of question you would like me to include in the next Quiz please send it via a PM or e-mail. (don't forget to send the answers though!)

That way we could keep more people happy and you'd all get at least two questions right!

Sounds good to me.

I look forward to receiving your questions.

8. twigglet

twigglet Member

I like this quiz!! Although my brain doesn't like logic very much, I am getting there, and I think big twigge and I may submit a team effort!

:D

9. mutsuj

mutsuj Member

Thought this was a band site ?...didn't bother with the quiz, far too much like going back to school, at least banding facts are informative...there are plenty of other sites that can do the teacher setting his pupils some tasks...No Thanks..

This IMHO should be a site that banders talk about bands / music / the movement etc...

10. Roger Thorne

Thanks for your opinion Mutsuj, but I don't seem to recall you entering the August quiz either and that was full of Banding questions!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    part
    Quiz
    Hi Folks
    color=red
    some
  12. mutsuj

mutsuj Member

Does that mean I have a detention or lines, or maybe a letter sent to my parents !!!

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Take a chill pill! If you don't want to enter, just don't! There are plenty of other things for you to do on the site. There are some people who enjoy the quiz, but like Roger said, you aren't going to please everyone!
    Chill! 8)

14. mutsuj

mutsuj Member

My reply to Roger was tongue in cheek based on my original posting, making reference to teacher setting a test for his pupils.... :idea:

15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi mutsuj

Hope you're well... just thought I should respond to your post here.

We have done several quizes so far, three to be accurate - each with modest but good prizes ranging from complete sets of banding scores, to a current popular CD - all donated by people... for nothing...:)

Not sure if you may have read through the other quizes (which I think might have been right up your alley) but what we are trying to do is to get as many people to enter these as possible. So, in the time before you joined up, we received a significant amount of good positive feedback from people who either thought the quizes we had done up to then were too hard or too easy or this or that... so we decided this month to have a more 'open' type of quiz just for a laff.

I see you joined us in August and indeed we are delighted you are here and you are most welcome. I couldn't agree with you more to be honest when you say this site should be about what banders talk about - but with one addition I would like to add to your line up above... we should also talk about things that people in the banding movement talk about... and that's anything really :wink:

We can't please everybody all the time, but we certainly give of our time (and money) here to please most of the people most of the time and are very much appreciated by all our members for so doing.

John

16. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Well said MM.
    If you don't want to enter the quiz Mutsuj then that's your choice, but lets not have people being critical of it just because it isn't to their liking, especially when the Mods have put their own free time and effort into it purely for our pleasure. :lol:

p.s. Do you think this post will be a contender for the 'Kiss A*se Award' at the 12 months awards!? :wink:

Andrew Garrett
    2nd Cornet
    Littleborough Public Brass Band

17. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

Good questions!

I won the August quiz and only actually new three of the answers - the rest were researched/found on the internet, mainly by trawling through other bands web sites! (which included a bit of luck).

Don't think I shall be finding the answers to these using that method.

Don't expect my answers until 30 September - this is going to take time!!

Thanks.

18. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

Phew! I've just submitted my entry. I enjoyed that one - it's the first one I've entered. Where on earth did you get the questions from ???

19. Roger Thorne

Glad you enjoyed it Jeff.

This months quiz is turning out to be very popular. But I'm not letting on where the questions came from though.

Don't forget, if you have a favourite type of question you would like me to include in the next Quiz please send it via a PM or e-mail. (don't forget to send the answers though!)

20. Roger Thorne

4 days to go!

21. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

WOW, more ot the same please :lol: :lol:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    part
    Quiz