QUIZ - (July)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Folks,

The fantastic prize on offer for this month to the person with the most correct answers is a CD kindly donated by World of Brass entitled:

You have until midnight on the 31st July to submit your entry.
    Take care though, as the first form received from any individual will be taken as your only entry - you cannot amend your entry.
    In the event of a 'tie', a 'tie-breaker' question has been added. The judges (tMP Site Admin & tMP Mods) decision will be final. (Hehehe!)

The Winner and Answers will be announced on 1st August, so go on - have a go and have some fun. Remember it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts.

So here we go . . . Good Luck Everyone

Just click on the following link to take part:

The Mouthpiece.com Quiz - July 2003

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Please, Sir, if it's the taking part that counts, can I take part lots and lots of times :?:

PLEASE :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. Roger Thorne

No problem Peter, you can take part in the July Quiz, the August Quiz, the September Quiz . . . . .

4. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Just taken my first glance through and I think this one is going to be a bit easier than the June quiz (I recognise everyone in the photos already). Knowing my luck however I'll probably come last. :cry:
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Seeing as I already have this excellent CD (just like we already had a set of the excellent 'Bombasto' - you can pay me later Rog ;) ) - I will be aiming to come 2nd again!

Was that convincing? ;)
  6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Well I won't be entering this month as it looks as though I'm going to be spending some time trapped inside Dave Jake's gig bag.

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

:lol: Looks like a conspiracy David!
  8. Roger Thorne

I have a bottle of Champagne here, so If you win you can have that instead!

9. frisp

frisp Member

Quiz too hard-head hurts! :shock:
  10. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

drink too much-headhurts! :shock:
  11. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

One of the questions in this months quiz looks to be a bit dodgy to me. I question whether the 'powers that be' will actually have the right answer. Cant really say which question it is at the mo but time will tell.

PS I have already submitted my effort and so whoever reads the entries will know which question I think will be controversial.
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

oooooooooooooooooohhhh!! lets see where this goes! :D:D:D

Me... on the other hand is having realdifficulty and wants to cry!
  13. hornblower

hornblower Member

benny you are not alone, question 7 alone has terrified me!!! :shock:
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

im afraid i will have blitzed you all :) sorry :p

I thought it was really easy.. who marks the answers??
  15. hellsonlyangel

hellsonlyangel New Member

aidan ur just too clever for ur own good :lol: people from NYBB always talk to me about you, and now i know who you are! yay now i wont feel so stupid :wink:
  16. Roger Thorne

8 days to go!

Don't forget the great prize on offer this month. (Courtesy of World of Brass).

Bourgeois in Brass
    Yorkshire Building Society
    Conducted by: Dr. David King

1. Apocalypse. Opus 187, 17.20
    2. Sonata for Trombone and Brass Band, Opus 156B
    i. Allegro con Brio, 4.36
    ii. Allegro Scherzando, 3.19
    iii. Adagio Cantabile, 6.04
    iv. Allegro con Fuoco, 4.38
    6. Blitz, Opus 65, 12.24
    7. Concerto Grosso for Brass Band, Opus 61A, 20.46B

An epic recording. YBS at full tilt on some of the most musically and technically demanding brass band music ever written – and the band and all involved in the project to bring some classics from Derek Bourgeois to the light of day come out of it with immense credit.

Four major and serious works are given performances of stature that it is hard to believe can be bettered. “Apocalypse” – described as “almost unplayable” by the composer stretches YBS to the full but they deliver a Premiere performance that shakes you to your foundations, whilst Ian Bousfield is quite brilliant on the demanding “Sonata for Trombone” – some player.

Finally two real classics are dusted off and vividly brought to life by David King’s intuitive interpretations. “Blitz” still shocks the system 22 years after it was first used, whilst the “Concerto Grosso” is a tour de force given a tour de force performance from soloists and ensemble alike.

The Winner and Answers will be announced on 1st August, so go on - have a go and have some fun.

Remember it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts.

17. Roger Thorne

3 days to go!

18. Roger Thorne

24 hours to go!

19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Have we been using the Tardis again (see the Bander's Story, part one) :?:

At the start of the topic you stated entries should be in by midnight on 31st July, and now you say there are still 24 hours to go - Very interesting :shock:
  20. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

No doubt he's so inundated with entries that it's taking him an extra 24 hrs to correct them all..
    yes... that's it...