Queue at Butlins

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Ianroberts, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

So, is anyone else in this ridiculous queue to get into the Grimethorpe concert? They must be losing 1000's in beer dales. The queue has now reached the Italian restaurant out side!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Butlins So
    Grimethorpe
    Italian
    Queue
    Grimethorpe concert
  3. tallyman

tallyman Member

They thought they were queing for the highest placed "mining band" Reg Vardy ?????

mikelyons likes this.
  4. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

The answer is presumably 'yes' - or there wouldn't be a queue. :)

5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Formed as the Craghead Colliery Band in 1912. Problem?

mikelyons likes this.
  6. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

The queues were the only respite from the drinking!

mikelyons likes this.
  7. Ianroberts

Certainly no respite from the bass player in that New York Band!

8. tallyman

tallyman Member

Yes, your wrong.

9. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I'm quite sure I'm correct, but if you let me know how you've come to that conclusion I'll happily discuss it with you

Admittedly, I think I made a mistake with the year. However, my post still addresses your incredulity at us being the highest placed "mining band" as you put it

10. tallyman

tallyman Member

Craghead colliery band was formed in 1910. Problem ?

11. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

See my above edit, cheers

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Butlins So
    Grimethorpe
    Italian
    Queue
    Grimethorpe concert
  13. tallyman

tallyman Member

The point I was making is Reg Vardy band are not a colliery band, Craghead colliery closed in 1968 and the band has gone by different names ever since. They have a different sponsor, different name, different personel, different address, different conductor and a different band room to name but a few.
    In only fools and horses Trigger got an award from the council because he had the same broom for 20 years, it had only had 5 new handles and 14 new heads.

14. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Well if you're going to be that pedantic, perhaps the prize (and arguably the whole contest) should be scrapped because there weren't any bands from active mines there....

15. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Regarding queues, I noticed security were clicking people in and out to ensure the number inside did not exceed the maximum safe number of occupants. No issue with that.....but I would have been well hacked off to be refused admission having paid good money for the weekend when there seemed to be no comparative entertainment in the other venues. Personally (with the exception of the JaegerMaestros) , I found the entertainment provision lamentable. Compared with previous years when full programs of good entertainment existed in two or even three venues, this year's program was very poor. Even the Sun and Moon Pub rang last orders at 10pm on Sunday and started hoovering the carpets. After many years, we are voting with our feet and giving it a miss next year.

Slider1 likes this.
  16. Ianroberts

Have to agree on the standard of entertainment, the choice of the band that closed the weekend was a poor one, people were leaving the hall in droves. I still find it hard to get my head around the size of the queue that they let build up though.

17. tallyman

tallyman Member

Pauli Walnuts why do you chastise some posters for editing previous posts before quoting them, yet you see fit to "like" others ??? I'm not suggesting you are a hypocritical charlatan I'm just curious.

18. Pauli Walnuts

Firstly, you are mixing me up with another mod - I do not recall chastising anyone for editing their previous posts where they are simply quoting part of a previous comment.
    Secondly, I am liking Accidental's comment - that has not been edited.

I'm not suggesting you come on here simply to stir up trouble of course.

19. Pauli Walnuts

Opening the doors a lot earlier would have helped - it was the same issue for the results on Saturday.

20. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

In my experience, the quote - editing that gets moderated is the deliberate changing or omission of words to change an OP's meaning.

All I did was omit a couple of sentences, that weren't necessary to understand my answer and could still be seen on the same page, just to save a bit of space on the thread..... something that has been common practice on here for as long as I can remember. I should have used <snip> to avoid any confusion, sorry. (And sorry for going o/t!)

21. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

I am still in the queue. Just got passed the amusements and it isn't moving very quickly.

Euphonium Lite likes this.
  22. Ianroberts

At least you didn't have to listen to that New York band lot !

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Euphonium Lite likes this.