Questions at interview

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Key2207, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Hi :tup !

Just looking for a bit of advice really.

I'm in the process of filling in an application for to enrol on a job training scheme and one of the questions is 'What 5 questions would you ask to a future employer at an interview?'

This is where i'm stuck. I've already got 'What does the job entail?' and about hours. But i just don't know what else to ask!! The pay is a standard training allowance but varies from employer to employer. So i'm not sure if I need to or should ask about this.

Thanks

Keely:)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Questions
    standard training allowance
    future employer
    job training scheme
    bit of advice
  3. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I suppose it depends on what the job is, but at a guess I'd say you should ask about the money, ask about what work they will have you doing, ask about any training issues you're interested in/ concerned about and maybe (depending on how it's going) ask them if they're going to offer you the job!

Good luck!

4. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

*what do you think are the 3 most important qualities needed for my job* well... thats what they asked me at Boots....

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

What are the people I will be working like with?

What are the future plans for the company (expansion / relocation)?

What room for progression is there within the role / department?

What the general working day will entail (phone to face to face ratio etc)

Hope some of them are of use.

6. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Thanks everyone!! I'll let you know how it goes :)

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Is the company supportive of professional growth/development?

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Here's mine:

1 - How long have you been with the company?
    2 - Are you happy with your career prospects in this company?
    3 - Would it be possible to speak with some of the staff please?
    4 - If offered, what are the main reasons I should consider accepting this position and thus commence employment with this company?
    5 - Am I going to be given the appropriate control and authority such that I am able to undertake my responsibilities in a pragmatic and ultimately accountable manner?

;)

9. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

how about how far you'd be expected to travel for the job? obviously doesnt apply to a lot of jobs, but might for some! good luck

10. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

this is a different question to "what questions would YOU be expect to be asked" they seem to be asking what you would ask if you acting as the interviewer rather than the interviewee?

I would go for:

*Tell me one interesting fact you have found out about our company
    *What are your worst qualities?
    *Who is the person who has most influenced your future ambitions and why?
    *Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
    *Give me an example of how you have worked within a team

11. GJacko

GJacko Member

Always ask about the money. Employers think you're side-stepping the issue otherwise. After all, why else do you want a job!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Questions
    standard training allowance
    future employer
    job training scheme
    bit of advice
  13. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Why would you say that this is a good company to work for?
    What training and progression is there?
    What do you feel motivates the staff of this company?

14. timbloke

timbloke Member

I once asked a company (I won't say who but they are the Worlds biggest Engineering Consultant and have a name that sounds like a low carb diet) who were doing a Graduate Recruitment presentation the question:

"What makes your company stand out from your competitors and why should I work for you as opposed to them"

He just laughed and asked for the next question which I feel was both extremley rude and a poor show. As a result I steered well clear for working for them. I now go on similar recruitment events and am waiting for someone to ask the same question as I have a decent reply.

I think it is a very good question, particular if you are going for a job where you are in demand.

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

I had an interview today, and completely forgot to ask about money! :eek:

16. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

friends,
    of course its years since i had a job. i retired after 35 years unbroken service to the blakley drain co, but i think my 5 questions to prospective employers would be (i've included some follow up questions just in case)

1. what sort of biscuits do you have in the staff area most days? a ball park biscuit? if i were to tie you down? what, like a nice? or a bourbon?
    2. how long can you be on the sick on full pay?
    3. what is the disciplinary proceedure for being drunk on duty? in terms of instant dismissal? or written warning?
    4. how many successful unfair dismissal claims have there been against your company?
    5. in what cases would you overlook persistently late attendance?

i'm sure this will be of use

regards

uncle eric

17. timbloke

timbloke Member

how about asking the following:

From my CV you will see that I am an active brass bander; this involves regular attendance at rehearsals and concerts, and includes a significant amount of work in the run up to a major contest. With that in mind, what flexibility do you have with working hours, such that I can continue to persue my hooby without a detrimental affect upon my work?

Were I to be offered a position in a top Championship section band, which required an even higher level of commitment, how prepared would you be to accomodate this?

Has your company ever considered sponsoring a band?

(Always thinking! ;))