Question on Bands in Champ Section

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di B, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Di B

Di B Member

I have just noticed on the MABBC website that it states at the bottom of the top section entries;

"To meet with a directive stating that the Championship Section in each region should have a maximum of Twelve Bands; more than TWO bands may be relegated to the first section after the regional competition."

Is this a new directive, or has it been in place for some time? Looking at the contest archive, the Midlands had 13 bands in both 2007 and 2008 as well as 2009. Surely IF they were going to demote three bands then they should have stated this on the contest forms?

Also, why is it a 'may' not a 'will'???

Can anyone with knowledge on the rules please enlighten me?
  2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

This has been active for years Di. The reason that there were 13 bands in the Midlands last year was because 3 bands were promoted due to equal points.

I guess its a 'may' not a 'will' to keep it in line with other regional comittee's interpretation of the rule...;)
  3. Di B

Di B Member

Interestingly, as an update, 4barsrest only show 12 placings for the section over the last two years.
    In 2008, the Ransome Band didn't compete and in 2007 Foss Dyke didn't compete

Surprising how this has happened saying the area has lost a number of top bands (Riddings, Ransomes etc)
  4. Di B

Di B Member

Ahhh! Thankyou! I will hope it continues to be a may then! :-D