Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup Final

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Tubah, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Tubah

Tubah Member

Well I've waited for my Dumfries colleagues to start this one but they must still be hungover.
    We all read on here about Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal every time one wins, gets beat, draws, plays or even employs a tea lady. But what about a team in 4th place in the second tier of the Scottish leagues reaching the Cup Final:clap: !!!
    In fact when I'm on what about Cardiff City doing the same:clap: .

Could be the pre cursor to a Celtic massacre in Harrogate!!! (Thats with the C pronounced as a K by the way. John M!!).

Any way "Up the Queens" if you'll ignore the obvious dubious connotations (see even a mention of a test piece) in that chant.

2. jasdrum

jasdrum New Member

Yeah, I would like to wish the Queen of The South all the best for the Cup Final.

It has been an interesting season both sides of the border in terms of the cup competitions.
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

And no doubt another blow to our European standing next season.
  4. Tubah

Tubah Member

Point taken John but surely you dont grudge a team from the lower leagues the chance to taste European action and a much needed financial boost. Or do you want all the revenue to remain in the famous Parkhead biscuit tin in a corner of the trophy room?

Plenty of space in there this year!:cry: