Quartets Required

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MRSH, Sep 29, 2006.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Does anyone know of any quartets that are available for 2 cornets, euphonium and trombone.

The four people involved are championship section principal seat standard so the harder the better.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  2. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

3. NeilW

NeilW Member

4. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

No with Firefox Sibelius Scorch dosen´t work.. Don´t know why :( But use Explorer 5-7 and it will work..

5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

My Scorch works fine with Firefox but I couldn't begin to tell you how ;)

You could try getting in touch with the Sibelius techie people and asking them.

Cheers

6. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

I had the same problem with Firefox some time ago and then I swiched to Explorer 7.. Great idea mail the sibelius technicians about the problem...

7. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I've been using Scorch with Firefox for years. Never had any problems

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

The instructions are there when you download the plug-in:

Do it like that and it'll work fine - has done for me for ages!

9. Jane Stewart

Jane Stewart New Member

Quartets

Any danger of you supporting the SCABA Q&E??

10. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Unfortunately not. The four people involved don't live in the area :cool:

So...........Anyone got any ideas for quartets for 2 cornets, euphonium and trombone, please :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    seat standard
    Cheers
    championship section
    Quartets
  12. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

There is a piece on sibeliusmusic called The Lone Ar-ranger which my trombone quartet play an arrangement of: http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin/show_score.pl?scoreid=73401

It is quite good, got a sop player? could put in an option top C (on sop unless you can get up there on a Bb ;) ) at the end. it is a cracking piece and the audiences love it, it is basically the William Tell Overture that has been muddled up and had a lot of other pieces stuck in e.g. rule britania, drunken sailor to name a couple. we try to get the audience to name as many pieces involved as they can, it is quite fun the different quotes move seamlessly throughout the piece and it works quite well, though the trombone part has some very nice lip trilly stuff, well, not really lip trills, just slurred semis that are fast enough to be trills lol

13. David Sheedy

David Sheedy Member

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

All available from Aldbrickham Music at a 10% discount.

Actually, Aldbrickham have a couple of quartets in the catalogue - they aren't terribly difficult, but they are a bit different from the normal fare.

15. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Find yourself a tuba player, and I can transpose any of the quintet arrangements on my site (www.geocities.com/dtmusicuk) to fit.

Dave

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

Erm... at college i've been put into a quartet:

Quartets that are rather good:
    Elegy and Rondo (Vinter)
    Alla Burlesque (Vinter)
    Divertimento (Sparke)
    Little Swiss Suite (Richards)
    Timepiece (Graham)

17. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Matt,

Get in touch with Alan Flower, hes got loads of suitable music (i can give you his email address if you dont have it?). The two Vinter numbers that Ben mentions above are very good, and not easy. We've also done an arrangement of Paganini Variations, which is very taxing for all players. We won a quartet competition against some fine opposition playing the music listed above. btw, everyone else played Timepiece!!

David

18. cacophony665

cacophony665 New Member

Quartets

How about:-

Elegy and Rondo (Vinter)
    Quartet (R Maldwyn Price)
    3 Impromptus (Kenneth Cook)
    Prelude & Capriccio (Gregson)
    Variations on a theme of Paganini (Horovitz)

and I have the ms score of an unpublished monster piece by Arthur Butterworth which should be more than hard enough for most people. If you're interested in any of these, let me know.

Cheers
    Dave

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- thing is, what is the trombone player going to do in all these mixed quartets? ;)

20. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

stop playing when it gets hard and suddenly start cleaning their slide!