Quartet for Sandye Silver Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jockinafrock, Jan 19, 2009.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Hi folks!

Does anyone know if there is a recording of Peter Kneale's 'Quartet for Brass', written for the Sandye Silver Band Quartet, and where I can get a copy?

Cheers! :tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Quartet
    recording
    Quartet for Brass
    FONT
    Comic Sans MS
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You can buy it here at R.Smith's for £8.95. Oops! A recording? ... not too sure! :oops:

4. jockinafrock

Cheers anyway - played it many years ago with NYBBS and have set of parts, but would love to hear it. Only recording I have is of NYBBS q'tet on a tape, and it's almost in/un(?)audible now...! :p

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It was played at one of the NYBBS' courses? I remember the Horovitz quartet getting played mid-'70s! (... I wouldn't mind hearing a recording of that one again. Terrific writing!).

6. jockinafrock

Must've been around 1980 when we did a tour to Switzerland with Geoffrey Brand and Geo-Pierre somebody or other. Got a programme for posterity somewhere wi' the details.. Wonder if I can get the tape changed in format and the sound improved - any ideas? :)

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Depends on how much noise is on the tape and what the recording image is like. As long as the sound isn't distorted, it can be restored with a bit of TLC (... and a lot of patience).