Quartet for Flugal & 3 Horns

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Queenie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Queenie

Queenie Member

I am putting on a concert where the programme includes a pieces featuring each section. At the moment I am struggling to find a piece that features Flugal & 3 Tenor Horns. I know my alternative option is to put the flugal with the cornets and have the horns play a trio however it would be nice to have a quartet.

Does anyone know of any pieces and where I can get hold of them? The players are of pretty high standard and so would hopefully be able to tackle something challenging.

Any suggestions would be great

thanks

Kate

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    piece
    option
    flugal
    horns
    standard
  3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

There's an arrangement of the Carpenters' hit 'Close to You'. Cheese of the highest order, and I can't remember who arranged it, sorry.

If you try www.brassband.co.uk you might have some success there - it's a great resource for finding band music.

4. Queenie

Queenie Member

well cheese is good, thanks for the suggestion :)

5. David Mann

David Mann Member

"I know him so well" Arr. Keith Wilkinson

6. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Not taxing at all but I have a horn section feature which includes the option to use flugel and baritone - Hillbilly Horns - our band enjoy it, its a bit of a giggle and won't take much rehearsing.

7. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Hey Jude......more cheese. I can't remember who arranged it.

8. chrisgs

chrisgs Member

"Hey Jude", arranged by Derek Broadbent?

9. Queenie

Queenie Member

I've been told about hey jude but does this include flugal as well in the feature or is it just the horns?

10. David Mann

David Mann Member

Flugel too as far as I remember.

11. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    piece
    option
    flugal
    horns
    standard
  13. Bass Trumpet

That's a really lovely piece - I remember recording that with GUS about 4 years ago. Really nice writing and easy to rehearse.

14. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Really? Did you really play with a top band, Duncan? Or where you only on trial ... ? :redface::redface: [Sorry, only kidding ... :redface::redface:] ... honestly ;)

15. rikster

rikster New Member

TRUE LOVE WAYS, Buddy Holly's song is great as a quartet. easy to play and very nice to listen to.

16. Bass Trumpet

Yes, Egham!